Agnostic.com

113 12

What movie fucked with your head the most?

I just finished watching Requiem for a Dream (for the hundredth time). Darren Aronofsky needs a serious hug from his daddy.

What movies have you watched that fucked with your head so much that you were still thinking about it the next day?

IndySent 7 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

113 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't watch Requiem For A Dream...I never was interested in heroin or any other addictive drug...but most of my friends have had habits of one of them at one time, and quite a few didn't make it back...but the Grandma in that....hits home.

Eyes Wide Shut.

Nena Level 6 Feb 13, 2018

Fried green tomatoes at the whistle-stop cafe

Stew anyone?

When I was younger ie in my teens me and my mates took acid and got stoned then watched the exorcist. freaked the living fuck out of all of us.

oh, you are completely right lol. the question wasn't why but what film. it was nearly 40 years ago

Deer Hunter

Reading through these, I was trying to remember all those movies I've seen, and then came across AnneWimsey's post. Deer Hunter freaked me out more than any.

Mama Mia. It made me want to kill.

Whatever happened to baby Jane?

Back in the day, Event Horizon, the Mist, the Thing (1982 version) and Akira. More recently, Tree of Life, the Void, and the Hallowed.

the old version of Handmaids Tale, with Duvall. creepy.

the Bothersome man....stayed in my head a long while.

The grudge

Inception, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Seven Pounds, Being John Malkovich

Primer. Realistic time travel, anyone?

LOL EASY. Definitely H u m a n C e n t I p e d e

Eraserhead and other David Lynch stuff

ooh, I LOVE EraserHead! SUCH a great movie!

@M3G4N666 If I have a copy of it I tend to watch it repetitively; I like it too

There was also a film called Blue that was in the same experimental era as eraserhead.

The 1980's It, have not yet seen the remake.

ooh! the remake is so amazing! Please watch it if you get a chance! Here's a quick clip of one of my favorite scenes...

I watched The Wizard of Oz at too young of an age. I was terrified of storms, especially tornadoes until I had kids of my own and realized I had to be brave for them. I used to have tornado nightmares every spring.

Don't even get me started on those damn flying monkeys. Scariest shit EVER! They still terrify me.

yeah flying monkeys

@btroje right? Fucking terrifying

@Marcie1974 sucked all the fun out of that flm

@btroje what fun? Tornadoes??? I still have nightmares every spring about tornadoes (I’m 44). Witches? shivers

@btroje sadly I still watch it every year when it’s aired on tv so that goes to show how smart I am.

Kinda like ogling a train wreck I guess.

Saving Private Ryan: Never again will I watch another war movie.. Schindler's List: never again will I watch another Nazi movie. The Grudge movies did in a way because of how twisted & evil they were & the abuse that took place.

I was soooo disappointed with Saving Private Ryan when at the end it was Matt Damon. Really ruined it for me. I am not that into war movies, but The Thin Red Line is fabulous!

@NaturalBornCynic I have seen them all.. and yes, that was a nasty one too, they all are but its just how they are put together.. its so real and just depressing.. I can't handle war movies at all after watching Hamberger Hill and a couple others like that.

I saw 'Johnny Got His Gun' in the early 1980's so by the time those two flicks came out I knew better than to even think about seeing them.

"Being Human" with Robin Williams, back in the day of video shops I took it out because I had never seen Williams in a bad movie. I tried about 7 times over the weekend to watch it. It blew chunks, worst movie ever.

maybe about the time I saw that movie

When I was 7, Brain Suckers gave me nightmares for a long time

2001:A SPACE ODYSSEY. HAL, and the tool using monkeys. And the monolith.

manufactured landscapes. a documentary available on national film board of canada about life in china and bangladesh. truly frightening

After I saw THE EXORCIST, I slept with the lights on for days (nights?) and even then, uncomfortably. Reading through the thread, I learn that I wasn't the only one...

The Exorcist scared the crap out of me as a kid.

@MrLizard and I never will

I saw Requiem in passing when I was younger. I'll have to watch it again. If you want to see more "weird" stuff from Aronofsky then watch "mother!". It's actually a perfect discussion piece for this group because it's based on religion. I thought it was tripe.

I can't think of any movie off the top of my head that messed with me that much though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23953
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.