Agnostic.com

113 12

What movie fucked with your head the most?

I just finished watching Requiem for a Dream (for the hundredth time). Darren Aronofsky needs a serious hug from his daddy.

What movies have you watched that fucked with your head so much that you were still thinking about it the next day?

IndySent 7 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

113 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Andy Warhol's Frankenstein (original title: Flesh for Frankenstein) and a sequel about Dracula. Wow - very disturbing for back then.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 13, 2018

And West World!

Do you watch the HBO show too?

I've heard about it but I've not seen it. I saw the original about 40 years ago?? When I was a little kid. It was the first of that kind of movie that I ever saw so it was super crazy, weird!!@Piece2YourPuzzle

Alien

It's the only movie that has ever given me nightmares.

A good "old" classic. Dark City. Great Sci-Fi noir

Psycho. Watched it at the Rialto theater with my mom. Mistake.

Inception. Does it stop spinning or not.

My wife hates the movie because of the loose end. As he went to spin the token I realized and told her, "There not going to show whether it stops!"

Anyway, I recently read that there is supposedly a tell after they pan away from the token towards the doorway... the presence of a specific character indicates reality or not.

Equus, Blue Velvet, Eraserhead... I'm a bit of a movie buff...

28 days later
It just reminds me that even though we somehow avoided nuclear annihilation that every day FOOLS play with the substance of our destruction. When and if the SUPERBUG does get loose, the first to die will likely be the lucky ones

Koyaanisqatsi. Shaped my thought processes and life decision making more than I would ever expect a film do.

District 9

The Machinists with Christian Bale

My son went to film adn video college and wanted me to see Eraserhead I took my then new boyfriend to see it - neither of us could cope.

One Flew Over The Cooco's Nest.

loo65 Level 3 Mar 12, 2018

Sophie's Choice. I couldn't imagine myself having to make the choices she made. Still can't.

"Johnny Got His Gun" with Timothy Bottoms - for the dark side of war.
Harold and Maude for the dark humor about mother issues.
I can not watch alot of sad movies, I need humor so there are many films I have never seen - hense my references are older flicks. After watching Johnny got his gun I filter what I watch. That movie still gives me chills and a deep sense of dispare - DON'T need that in my head/life.

Vanilla Skies. I always had trouble trying to figure out where the lucid dream began. It was carefully explained in the dialog, but for some reason it never sunk in for me until I watched it for the ump-teenth time some years back. I love movies that toy with reality and force you to question what you are interpreting.

I definitely agree with Requiem for a Dream, especially the last few minutes of the movie!!!

Dead Man Walking. Full disclosure, I was pregnant at the time so I’m sure that had something to do with how emotionally vested in it I became. 😉

Dalton Trumbo's, Johnny Got His Gun. It was released at the height of the Vietnam war and I was about to be drafted. Back then being drafted meant boot camp, infantry school, and a plane to Man for a 12 month tour. The film had a profound affect on me.

Being John Malkovich was really messed up

Requiem for a Dream. I'm a blubbering mess each and every time I watch that movie.

A few years ago I seen this movie called the orphan on cable it was creepy and bizarre

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the remake). That O.D. of gore and violence and terror didn't wear off of me for several days. the Hellraiser movies also made an impact on me.

That horror movie with sarah michelle gellar, The Grudge! Thought it would be fun to get stoned and watch it alone one night. Traumatizing.

The original Star Wars.That got me thinking about forces being neutral, depending on how you use them.
I, and several members of my family, were born psychic, so we knew that "God" wasn't the one doing the stuff we could do (water witching, ESP, seeing the future, etc.) since it came naturally, from birth, and had nothing to do with "religion."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23953
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.