Agnostic.com

113 12

What movie fucked with your head the most?

I just finished watching Requiem for a Dream (for the hundredth time). Darren Aronofsky needs a serious hug from his daddy.

What movies have you watched that fucked with your head so much that you were still thinking about it the next day?

IndySent 7 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

113 comments (101 - 113)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jacobs Ladder

ErIc the vIkIng. Christians couldn't see the pagan stuff that the vIkIngs saw.

Oh and Dead Poets Society fucked with me when he committed suicide. Wow. Big time.

I'd have to say A Clockwork Orange and it's been so long since I've seen it I've actually forgotten what it was about. But I remember being disturbed. I loved Requiem For Dream it really honestly showed what life is like for an addict.

Every Elvis movie ever made gives me a headache. Does that Count?

The Big Blue

A Serbian Story

The Woodsman with, of course, Kebin Bacon and Keria Sedgwick; creepy fucked up shit!

Mother. Also an Aronofsky film. I loved it, knew it was a great movie, but had to think about it for a couple of days to unravel it. I still need to watch it again because there's a lot to unpack. I will NEVER watch Requiem again. That one is wayyyy too heavy for me. Drug abuse really puts a hurt on my psyche

Quite a few come to mind for me. "Soylent Green" is quite probably the most terrifying film ever made, and it still guides my opinions about the overwhelming seriousness of climate change.

On a more goofy note, the end of "In the Mouth of Madness" is a total mind trip.....not nearly as bad as the reviews suggested.

Other honorable mentions include "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas, the silent epic "Metropolis", and two works from the great Orson Welles, "Citizen Kane" and "Macbeth". The latter is my favorite Shakespeare adaptation because it is exactly as I envisioned the play when I first read it (it helped that I read Macbeth before watching it).

10th grade in high school I won some free tickets to the opening night of the original 'Halloween'. Had no idea what it was about. Asked a couple of female friends to go with. Proceeded to get lost and got to the theatre after it had already started so we ended up in the very front row of a very large theatre craning our necks back looking up at a very large screen. I had to leave after the 3rd killing. I opened closet doors for weeks after ready to punch whatever might come out. 38+ yrs. later I still get teased about that from one of the women I went with.

Cabin Fever. Still till this day, I cannot watch those movies. I can’t even stand to see the previews on tv I hate those movies so bad. The fact they took a real life disease such as staph infection virus then turned it into a horror flick with added effects creeps me out.

Love, Death, and the Gratuitously Profane

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23953
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.