Agnostic.com

406 21

Would you raise your children religious just to fit in?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

406 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely not!

Definitely no

Absolutely not!

Absolutely not!!!

Would I lie to children?

Would I declare what I know to be fiction to be fact, knowing that I was deliberately deceiving them?

Would I introduce them to a belief system that inherently induces bigotry and contempt for people of other faiths?

Absolutely, totally NOT.

that would be just like walking on a thin line

No way

Absolutely not

That's ridiculous, who cares what others think! Unless you're in a especially specific case where being atheist is dangerous (I doubt that's any of you), Then don't hide how you feel!

just like water, we just have to seek our own level.

I remember a line, one of my favorite lines from a movie, from Demi Moore's "G.I. Jane when she was told by her senior officer, "lieutenant, seek life elsewhere!"

we must be honest and do not care what others will think or say about us.

Never ever

JOY Level 2 Sep 14, 2017

I don't think i could. i wouldnt Want to teach my child something that i knew hurt me so much when i realized it wasnt true.

I say same thing as you, you are a smart young man.

Never. It's being a coward and a cop-out to do anything you know is wrong just to "fit in." i have zero respect for anyone who does it. this is precisely the reason religion still exists, because people with brains are too cowardly to speak up and walk away.

would Edmund Burke's quote fit in to what you said about people with brains? or maybe the one by Albert Einstein?

All the religious people are victims themselves. They have believe all the lies that have been planted in their brain very early. now they became stupid. no matter what they can not hear or see logic. I feel sorry for them.

Absolutely not.

No I didn't and they turned out great!!

that's great!

No. Children should not be subjected to religious brainwashing.

Never made sense to me.

Absolutely not! Why would it be any good to teach children to believe in something that doesn't exist!

pardon Mr.MartinKen, religion also happen to teach values and ethics, just take the good or what you believe to be good for the kids. But I don't agree in teaching them to be religious just "to fit in"

I have three children and they are being raised to think for themselves outside of a religious framework. They know it exists but can watch from outside the goldfish bowl. This makes them better people more able to fit in with others.

Draco Level 6 Sep 23, 2017

no way

tonia Level 5 Sep 25, 2017

(If I had kids) ... Oh hell no.

I raised my children with as much knowledge as possible and allow them to decide for themselves, but they are fully aware of my feelings on the subject.

No, I would raise children to think for themselves and use critical thinking for everything.

Absolutely not I would not do anything I feel is harmful to my kids just for social acceptance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.