Agnostic.com

10 13

QUESTION The Largest Number Of Scientists In Modern U.S. History Are Running For Office In 2018 | HuffPost

"Good news, everybody!" as Professor Farnsworth would say

TheMiddleWay 8 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is terrific news! Decisions that require evidence, logic and inquiry should be made by knowledgeable individuals not by the religious thinker, greedy money and power mongers. The future for our planet and humanity will look brighter as we get more of these individuals in leadership roles.

I’m glad to hear this! Even if the scientists themselves are not the greatest leaders, at least they use logic and reason when solving problems! Scientists can be prejudiced and most scientists who revive recognition are white males but at least they’re not billionaires who hate the poor

Behold! The part of the "Trump effect" that Trump never anticipated. Still, I would much rather have had Congressional rancor and gridlock with President Hillary Clinton than this national disaster we are now living through.

Love it! Any scientist has to be better than a Republican.

I would love to see more scientists in office to promote science. However, in the 1960's, the federal government courted scientists to address various social problems of the day. The thinking was, if the smartest and most methodical people worked on social issues, the problems would be solved. Unfortunately, it was not a success, as social problems cannot be solved with a scientific methodology. So, while I would love to see more scientists in office, I think they would have a difficult time getting around the purposefully challenging checks and balances, the influence of special interests, and the will of ignorant but plentiful voters.

I think they will reform the government to work for them. I don't think their goal is to work with the current system; I think they will make a show out of resisting the narrow bounds of the current system at first. And then when people see what they are aiming for, they will vote more scientists in until the system is replaced.

@TheMiddleWay Right on!

Thanks for the link. I hope this is a sign the political pendulum is reacting to a restoring force.

One good result from the last election. More LGBTQ people, women, and minority races also!

Great Darwin's ghost! That's fantastic!!!!

This is very good news, but running and getting elected is two different things. Scientists are seen by the average, ignorant, religious voter as next to Atheists.

AWESOME!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24056
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.