Agnostic.com

31 6

Do you enjoy a good gossip?

I’m horrible for asking this, but I just needed to know how anybody else felt about gossiping cause to a degree I think it’s funny as hell, depending on the situation and the people. Lol if it’s people always trying to keep their skeletons in the closet while pretending to be better than everyone else, I think it’s the sweetest news to discover their lives wasn’t as perfect as they tried to put it out to be. Lmfao I’m horrible!

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gossip is always interesting, you can't let it get to ya lols

"Who gossips to you will gossip about you."

"... and what do you say in MY back?!"

No thanks. It is not constructive, instructive, or useful.

No. I will stop people who try to gossip to me, and I will walk away if it's being done around me. I try not to talk about people unless I have something positive to say, or it's necessary--then I make every effort to be fair, and stick to facts.

Is it true?
Is it necessary?
Is it kind?

I don't judge those who gossip; I just don't participate.

Gossiping is human nature. It's not always malicious. There are only one or two people in the world with whom I ever indulge in gossip, and they are chosen because anything said goes no further than the two of us.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 10, 2018

I hate gossip. It is cruel to maliciously talk about people behind their backs.

When I moved to Wenatchee, I could not relate to the gossipy, racist, narrow-minded people who grew up here. Some believe Wenatchee is the center of the universe and see no reason to visit Seattle, 125 miles away.

Instead I made friends with well-educated people who moved here from another state, like me.

EDIT: I choose kind, respectful, funny and intelligent friends. I surround myself with positive people. No gossip.

@CoastRiderBill

So sorry that happened to you. My friends are kind, respectful, intelligent and funny. No gossip.

I surround myself with positive people.

No, thank you. It's immature

I hate gossip. I was part of the gossip in Taos after a divorce. The stuff was very negative and aimed at my ex. Every bit of it was wrong. Later the same thing happened to me and a lady l was dating. I find myself living in a small town again. I have not gone out with or slept with anyone in this town, and l have lived here six years. l only get into these peoples lives on a fairly shallow level with the exception of a couple of folks. Gossip can really hurt people and is almost always full of a lot of misinformation.

Being the victim of horrendous gossip after my divorce was no walk in the park for myself or my boys. The neighborhood “ladies” started whispering, hid thier husbands, stopped inviting us to community parties.
Gossip is not a good thing, it’s rarely if ever true. Shame on those who spread malicious rumors.

Not my thing either. Most gossip has nothing to do with seeing someone getting their comeuppance. It's usually about making the spreader of the gossip feel better about themselves, and more important for knowing something other people don't. And it's almost always mean spirited. When I hear someone gossiping about someone else, I wonder what they are saying about me behind my back.

Not my thing.

I loathe gossip! If it has nothing to do with me directly, I don't want to know.

Especially, gossip at work! It's so unprofessional! I don't allow it. Stay focused on your work and go home with a paycheck and take care of your families.

I just said I only enjoy the kind when it’s about people that get off by trying to rub their so called perfect life on other’s face, only to discover their life isn’t as perfect as they put it out to be when they spent all the time trying to make everyone’s feel like crap about their lives. Gossip for the most part is toxic.

Who doesn't is a liar

I've heard some good gossips about you by the way.... ???????? (Kidding !!!)

I don't, but I used to work with this guy who thrived on gossip. They say he grew up in a house with no men, just his Mom and Grandma and several aunts and cousins, or anyway women who were referred to as aunts and cousins. I heard the terms were were not 100 percent accurate, if you get my drift.

Gossip is a way to communicate, a channel. You can use the channel maliciously or constructively. Even passively. Because knowledge is power. A lot of gossip is finding out how people are doing. It's cool if you do it right.

@CoastRiderBill I'm sorry you were a victim of malicious gossip, Bill. There's a difference between talking about someone who wore different shoes to work one day and assassinating someone's character. I don't wallow in gossip like some people who make it their life's work, but I will pass on a tidbit or two on occasion. Maybe I shouldn't.

Sometimes it's fun

I’ll admit that even men do it. ?

Hahaha I’ll keep this in mind.,

Gossip is potentially useful information that is socially discouraged, or discouraged by authorities, because of its subversive and uncontrolled nature. Historian Yuval Noah Harari wrote that the need for good gossip among early humans played a big role in the development of speech. Therefore, I honor our ancestors by gossiping, and often.

@CoastRiderBill True: I have much to learn of life and maturity.

I love gossip! Especially if it’s about someone who has a very high opinion of themselves. I know, typical woman. Yes I am!

I’m with you on the facade front. My wife loves the Housewives shows and I watch with a sideways glance (well, maybe not that sideways!) as those people are just over-privileged jokes. Love the way they argue over nonsense that us normal folk just get over and get on.

In the days right after we stopped going to church some of the church goers approached myself and my now ex wife in Walmart. Having trouble with the pastor they insisted we know all about it and told lots of stuff. They insisted that I know what he did next. I stopped it by saying I had no clue what he did even after they told me. I cannot claim to know what he did just because some of you are now wanting to tell me. It's all second and third hand information.

I don't like to lower myself to other's standards. Gossip is childish, cruel, a character defect, and a lacking in one's integrity. Of course, that's only my opinion.

No. I don’t want any info someone would want keep private. I feel a bit icky knowing anything like that.

I dislike gossip because a lot of the time it's not true, half-true, or exaggerated; and hurtful. But sometimes, gossip about an unpleasant person can be fun, I'll admit.

Orbit Level 7 Dec 11, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:240600
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.