Agnostic.com

14 2

Am I wrong to have my guard up over this?

So back in May of 2018 of this year, I signed up for the CrossFit class and I’ve noticed two particular women in the gym who appears to be close buddies and they are both very fit/runners. So ever since I’ve been going to the gym everyday for these last 7 moths, I’ve noticed I will get dirty looks from from one of the women out of the two all the time and it’s usually a stink eye look. So recently the instructor told the class to do stretches for the cool down after the workout. One of the women of the two friends made a snarky comment saying,” Stretching is for losers.” I told people about it and the remarks and how I get the stink eye looks and they told me that it’s peobably because I don’t open up to them because shortly after the ordeal of them making that comment, they tried to invite me over to workout with them but I pretended like I didn’t hear them. Am I wrong to have my guard up against those two after receiving these types of treatments? I’m just there at the gym strictly for the sake of my health, nothing more. Let me know what you guys think and if I may be overreacting.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just ignore them. Obviously, they are still stuck stuck in middle school. "Stretching is for losers"? That is such an immature and ignorant thing to say. lol. If they knew fitness, they would know that stretching is important for everyone regardless of fitness level. Some people are just bitter.

Exactly!

I think you are wise not to become too involved. Honestly, it sounds like high school mean girls. I would just be polite, concentrate on the workout and go about my business. It's weird when strangers want you to "open up" to them. I wouldn't give them the ammunition they seem to be looking for.

I have always trusted my instincts. I have only been at my new job a few months and have identified similar groups. A few times, I have overheard their conversations and avoid those same people. I may not fit in. I don't care. I am there to earn a living. If they choose to have their cliques and gossip, go for it, but don't expect me to add to the gossip. I rather like being an unknown amongst people like that.

I don't talk at the gym, I am here to improve myself.
Nor do I waste time worrying/thinking/conjecturing what others are doing/thinking...who cares?
Find something else to think about, wear headphones, listen to music or audio books

Love your boldness!!!! At the end of the day, who really does care? Good point!!! Go to the gym, improve your health for the sake of your health, leave then get on with life!

Crossfit is a cult. Get out while you can! ?

Lmfao the hell I do let those idiots spoil my chances of getting healthy!!!

@EmeraldJewel Nope. You can stay and ignore them (and burpee those bitches under the table) or you could try a different (non crossfit cult) class. ?

Not wrong at all. They sound like people to avoid at all costs.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 11, 2018

Fuck 'em - they are 'psychic vampires' in the Anton Lavey language. You don't need their approval or 'friendship'. They sound like a pair of moronic jealous bitches. Ooops, was that judgemental. Tough titties!!! Be good to yourself lovely. There are plenty of people who will want to take a swing in this world, so don't beat yourself up, 'cos otherwise those idiots will have nothing to do, and you deserve happiness. Be yourself and be happy with that.

Thank you so much! I do distance myself from them cause I just never really trusted them, anyhow. I just had to make sure it wasn’t just me imaging things lol. I never wanted to be their friends. Love your response.

why would you have to pretend anything? just say "no thank you." that being said, "stretching is for losers" is not just snarky, it's dead wrong. meanwhile, if you don't go to the gym to pal around with snobs, you don't have to pal around with snobs (or anyone else). i do have a question. when you say you told people about it: what people? other people at the gym? the instructor who was dissed by one of the stinkeyes? people you know who don't go to the gym? it makes a difference because it provides context for their responses.

g

Lmfao! I love these replies from open minded people!!!

I think you can definitely do without such small-minded people in your life!

They have a poor attitude in life. So watch them.

I don't think you're wrong. I'd have my guard up, too.

I'd say forget them but then that's how I live daily so it's really up to you. Do you care to make "friends" with them? Then try, if not then don't bother. I'm happy being me, by myself but I'm a weird hermit person

No,avoid the "Troublemakers",you picked up on something,a vibration,or maybe your gut instinct said NOPE!

Lmdao vibration!

RBF (Resting B*&%# Face) it's a real thing. Maybe she's just ugly. You're passing up an opportunity to hang out with the girl that will occupy the weird guy who smells like cabbage so you can get his hot friend's phone number. It's a BFF missed opportunity. #sad

@Riley not addressed to you is what it is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:241283
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.