Agnostic.com

14 3

If you could change only ONE thing about the world, what would it be?

You only get one thing to change. What is it?

silvereyes 8 Oct 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ignorance and especially the ignorance of not knowing one is ignorant

The change is for the better, I suppose. If so, we need not look far. We just have to look within ourselves. Revolution from within. Revolution from the center, from the heart. If we could only go along with the Laws of Nature.

The "world" itself is just fine. It's the people that needs changing--most importantly that they not be so damned gullible and superstitious.

It's the people that needs changing thru quality information which are all over flooding the multi-media. People are being bombarded with entertainment and showbiz gossip and sensational events they don't know or wouldn't care about the real score any more

Better education could be a solution to that. Children should be taught taught how to think rationally and what logic is and how to weigh evidence and figure out what is true and what is not, critical thinking. But it will still take generations to overthrow the primitive mindset of religion.

Unchecked consumption of the Earth's resources.

There has been so many innovations for sustainable growth. They just can't get the funding because the powers that be don't like to make this world a better place for the greater number of inhabitants.

I'd change the distribution of material in the planet so mining was easy and safe in all regions, easy high carrying capacity farmland was maximized, and currents aided transport and moderated temperatures and humidity for comfort and productivity.

Caring for the environment is also caring for people

I would take away the greed gene and replace it with the charity one

I'll support you every step of the way.

Remove dishonesty/lies/untruths/falsehood. Most of what is bad in the world would easily be eradicated over night.

No, not seen it. Mind you lying wasn't invented by humans, it is found throughout nature, deceit and subterfuge is part of survival for some species.

Dishonesty, yes! Well, the saying that "the meek will inherit the earth" might suddenly manifest overnight.

silvereyes: I'll try and give a look at that movie. Thanks

I agree that deceit and subterfuge is natural in all living things in order to survive.

No war.

How can we achieve that, how to stop all wars or how to have lasting peace? How to live in "perfect harmony" as in the song "Ebony and Ivory"?

Greed and self-glorification are major causes of war. How do we change how the genders treat each other, how men treat women? How about discrimination of any and all kind?

silvereyes: The song "War" was originally by Edwin Starr from the 1970s. Bruce Springsteen made a nice version of it in the mid-1980s, I think.

Racism, sexism, ageism, religionism, etc.

Yeah, sorry- forgot it was supposed to be a one word answer

get rid of all organised religion

"Get rid of all organised religion" so what would remain will be religion that is not organized? To each his own religion. I wonder where those non-organised religion would lead to - free will, free spirit, absolute freedom?

To change myself, so I could become more useful to humanity.

That you can accomplish, good answer.

Welcome to the "A" Comunnity, the place where we all learn from each other become better persons.

Discard privilege. You couldn't get rid of religion in a world so fond of pretending.

I've run across this question before.
This seems like an easy go-to answer, but I really think if we abolished all organized religions it would cause a huge decrease in senseless killing and suffering around the globe.
Of course, it wouldn't end it all, but realistically what would?

There are forces that will thwart humanity's efforts to bring lasting peace, justice and equality for all. They've been doing that thousands of years before that creature was born in that island in Glynn County.

All the major wars in history were caused by greed, religious, cultural, racial, national pride. Specially the last world war, the greediest war of all to control all the wealth of the world.

Getting laid should be easier.

SamL Level 7 Oct 28, 2017

Hahahaha!

Aw! Pardon my obfuscated mind, can't quite get the drift - change the process of getting laid or courtship? You guys have a problem with that?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2413
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.