Agnostic.com

5 9

I was raised a fundamentalist from a young age. At ten, I was baptized into the Seventh-Day-Adventist church. In my early twenties I was baptized into the Assemblies of God church. Later, as I careened toward my thirties, I became a member of the Foursquare denomination. During most of that time, I also spent fifteen years in various forms of Reparative Therapy (pray the gay away).

The one thing that all these organizations have in common is that they are terrified of me. Apparently, as a gay man, I have been imbued from on high with the astonishing power of destruction:
• I can single-handedly incur the wrath of God to bring down entire civilizations.
• I can cause earthquakes, drought, pestilence and famine.
• I create hurricanes and direct them head-on to the America South.
• I can destroy straight marriages and obliterate the institution of marriage altogether (I am the reason Newt Gingrich has been married three times).
• And I can force fundamentalists to marry their pets.

And despite all that power, I haven't been able to convert any of them to the power of the Dark Side.

Benthoven 8 Oct 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was raised in the same god bothering church, but was fortunate enough to be able to escape mentally by age 15, and physically by age 18, so that meant that I was able to develop as an adult without undue influence.

Must feel good to be so powerful.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 29, 2017

You would think, right?

Glad you made it out alive!

Hahaha! You make what was basically hell, sound funny. You could be British! Where these religitards get the idea from that homosexuality is some how a choice is ridiculous. What gives me endless pleasure is when either they themselves are found out to be closet gays or one of their family comes out, when suddenly it is acceptable. Or my personal favorite was the outing of Ted Haggard, head of the evangelical church in the USA, caught doing drugs for a couple of years with a male prostitute. That was a glorious moment!

I have a saying: The more 'anti-gay' a person is, the more likely they're bound to be found sniffing coke off a twink's ass in a hotel room.

With great power comes great responsibility

GwenC Level 7 Oct 28, 2017

Thank you for reminding me. I will keep that in mind.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2426
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.