Agnostic.com

8 2

Why is it so damn hard to meet likeminded people?

Ive never struggled meeting people and making connections in general, but once ive met them most people turn out to be on a very different wavelenght than myself... maybe thats cause for self reflection on my part, but i just want to be happy with someone...

MolagBal 2 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've read a lot of the comments on this post, and I feel like people are missing the mark a little. Or maybe I am, who knows. But I think I get where you're coming from. I have a hard time finding people that really get me. I don't know how to explain it other than having that click with someone. Its like an instant sort of connection, and like a big " YESSSSS" when you really get what the other person is saying/feeling. It doesn't even have to be romantic. You don't even have to agree on everything, but just getting where that person is coming from and like really connecting and being able to talk about anything. It gives you a sense of fulfilment as well.

If it makes you feel better, Im 24 and Im still looking. I've had a few friends like that in my life but we all went our seperate ways. If Im completely wrong, just laugh at me and move on. If I'm right though, you should message me to tell me! I'd be interested to know.

You are young, don't be so impatient. Most people your age are way too busy having fun and drinking way too much. It will happen, don't despair.

The more qualifiers one has, and the more of a minority one is, the less the likelihood of running into a reasonable match.

It can be big time frustrating !

You are very unique

How many do you need?

I believe the key is to find someone who complements you rather than mirrors you. If you are on the same wavelength for the big things like politics and religion you can usually work around differences in other areas.

Here's my joke about local, single older men in Wenatchee, WA:

If I wanted a fat, good 'ol boy, tobacco chewing, ignorant, Republican fisherman and hunter who loves his Harley, snowmobile and chainsaw and decorates with antlers... I'd be ALL SET.

On dating websites, my local matches look like a police lineup.

You profile says you live in WA state. Based on your description of the local matches, I'm guessing you are nowhere near Seattle.....

@Bendog

On a first date, I challenged the guy to a cherry pit-spitting contest. We met at the Roslyn Cafe'. After lunch, we walked to the organic grocery store, looking for Rainier cherries.

For a target, I selected a large building wall across an empty lot. Our first attempts were pathetic. Nowhere near the wall. Highly amused, two local teens joined in.

The tallest young man leaned WAY back, inhaling deeply- I thought he would aspirate the cherry pit- and lunged forward, forcefully expelling the pit. He hit the wall! Cheers and celebration.

That was fun.

p.s. Love your description of your smelly truck. You sound like my dream date... in your dreams!

@Bendog

What is a 64?

I have always experienced the same thing. I rarely meet people who are on the same wavelength as me. I'm deep and emotional, and have a lot of self- and social awareness. Haven't found that...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:243512
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.