Agnostic.com

18 7

Are you ready for President Pelosi?

By Thom Hartmann.

[salon.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, the sooner the better.

Better than what we have, but i would prefer some others first.

Can't wait, so yes

It's all fantasy because it is predicated on both Trump and Pence being impeached at the same time by a Republican Senate. Never going to happen. Trump is the primary target, and if either of them leaves office before 2021 it will be Trump. The Dems need to expose as many of the dirty deeds as possible in 2019 and then make sure they have a strong candidate in 2020 to win back the White House.

...yup..

She would be a damned sight better than Trump or Pence.

Internet lights up over Nancy Pelosi's sunglasses.

[cnn.com]

That coat is the bomb ❤

ICYMI 🙂

???

@Qualia

In the 1990s, I had a red wool coat like Nancy Pelosi's. Loved it. But the shoulder pads were too big. I gave it to Goodwill.

yes.

i like her, but to tell you the truth, i'm ready for anyone not connected with trump or the republican party.

g

I..... yiyiyiyi would have to grit my teeth and hope that she would work with the more moderate center of the party. Specifically, I would want to avoid any notion that the gun control legislation on the books in the most liberal bastions, for instance CA, NY and IL, are also going to be a blanket cure for every state in the Union.

Federalism means that those states have a right to pass those laws if the people wanted it. But the MidWest is not the same as the East and West. We're a more moderate type of liberal here, especially on the gun issue.

With you all the way on assistance for the poor, leveling the playing field, education, tax breaks for the middle class... and universal background checks to keep guns out of the wrong hands. Just don't try to tell me that my guns are unsafe in my hands because of the size of the magazine, please and thank you.

Certainly, bring it!

Nancy has been fire for years. It's shocking to me the level of hate she's garnered. Suffice it to say I'm never surprised when it's a white male hating on her... but no one ever bothers to explain WHAT she's done that they hate so much or provide credible links.

She is a world class strategist, RICH... AF! and doesn't NEED this fkn job. She could be sitting at home knitting or playing with dogs, tending a garden, but she puts on her mud boots digging around the muck that is the WORM system.

She is a bulwark with class, and people should be thanking their lucky stars she bothers.

She is one tough and savy broad. I mean that in the best way possible. As Sinatra sang, "That's why the lady is a tramp."

❤❤❤

@OwlInASack Welll..... Hillary's done some hawk moves and I won't forget her dog whistling when Obama was her opponent. That said it is odd to me as IMO the Clintons are DINOs.
They had EIGHT years. They ran on healthcare reform back in the day. They only thing accomplished there was the deregulation of pharmaceuticals!

Dang - thought, ‘I’ll follow her link anywhere’ (after decision earlier today about dangerous links being posted) … that was the most invasive page I’ve attempted to read ... it actually locked up my machine attempting to get out! I will no longer follow links - damn it.

Wonderful and logical piece, though, as far as I got.. I’m still trying to settle with Pelosi as speaker of the house, she’d not have been my choice. Though, every in depth piece of reporting described her as incredibly competent … and being the good Democrat I try to be ..OK.

If ‘we’ held the Senate, and/ or the Supreme Court, as well as the House - I’d say something serious would be done about trump! …. probably with ‘the blessing’ of the Republicans.. As is, we’re still too weak to take him out, unfortunately thinks I…

Pelosi for Prez..? Wouldn’t they flip 😀

Varn Level 8 Dec 16, 2018

Not very fond of her. She's overly political and motivated more by compromise than what is best. That contrasts what most people think about her because her public image is tainted by her enemies. Still she would be better than most of the alternatives.

Compromise is how this shit works. It is the only way it works. If only republicans understood this concept.

Nancy Pelosi knows a LOT of people in government. She's calm. She's obviously going to build bridges with the Senate. She knows how to compromise. Anyone who takes over in a crisis such as multiple impeachments will know it's obviously only until the next election.

No.

NOPE and I can promise you and everyone else that just because the right side tire blew that swerving the bus hard to left will still result in a crash.
We need centrist and moderates to lead until we can stabilize our whole country and especially in the minds of the world we need to calm down so they can.

@maturin1919 Yes I know but the American concept of one or another is what will undo us if we learn that there’s a need for a middle ground.

@maturin1919 Right now we need to focus on our economic crisis and global stability first.
Then our legal issues as far as basic rights and environmental and then we can focus on individual sensitivities.

It doesn’t matter if you’re gay or straight if you’re unemployed, can’t drink the water and possibly on the verge of a Third World War. So go ahead comfort the people while I push to restore the country.

A whole lot more than President Ryan...or Trump for that matter.

I have no problem with that at all. 🙂

????

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:245076
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.