Agnostic.com

34 2

How would you respond to someone who is arguing against global warming, giving “last winter was not as cold as this winter" example?

Aralt 7 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I look at it as being global climate change. A result is longer droughts, longer wet periods, higher winds in hurricanes, and it keep going. While a lot of the US is having colder weather, we, here in the northwest US are having a milder winter. 30 years ago, we noticed that the extreme events were getting larger. When we redid the precipitation - frequency maps, the 100 year rainfall was going up in general.

Why do you want to argue? That will be my question to you. Do you have to respond to them arguing?

@ArashL To me the argument is not worth time and energy.

It's all fun and games until the trees give up. They don't care what any of us think.
Having to go to the next set of leaves during wild fluctuations, how many times can they swing that until they wither. There is a fungus in the rust belt that will kill a healthy oak tree in 2 weeks.

How many are going to have the wherewithal to call an arborist to try to save it? Likely few!
There is a study being done, think saw on HBO VICE news, about what happens when a trees roots are subjected to just a degree or two above normal average and it's not good.

Someone who talks like that has been listening to Fox News and has already surrendered his brain. I don't even try to argue. Wouldn't matter, since he prefers "alternate facts."

So CNN and MSNBC are more reliable sources? Fox News and Breitbart are one of the few who don’t heavily favor the liberals. Also Fox News is the number one news channel in America. Seems you think they’re are a lot of idiots in the US. Mself I consider the liberals to be the idiots!

1. Not as cold as last winter where YOU happened to be, but what about the global average?
  2. Of course, with more energy in the atmosphere, the expectation isn't just everything a little warmer on average... the much more important expectations are more powerful hot AND cold snaps. More big storms. More rain on AVERAGE, but enormous variations based on location. Some locations will get dryer.

"Thou art a fuckwit". I've been watching this debate for some fifteen years now. At this point anyone using such an argument is irredeemable and not worth the air it takes to argue, even if it is just breathing whilst typing. They are not merely ignorant, but wilfully so.

If they don't understand the difference between climate and weather, just give up, smile and walk away,. I do not suffer fools, gladly or otherwise.

Leave them outside on a cold night so they can come to the conclusion that it is fucking cold regardless if it a few degrees higher or lower than past years.
Never argue with idiots! Let them be!

When it comes to making regulations because of global warming common sense needs to come into play at some point in time. Obama was a global warming nut who imposed regulations without congressional approval that cost billions of dollars for very little gain. If we’re that concerned about carbon dioxide why did we stop building nuclear power plants? I realize nuclear power has its drawbacks also but there are no carbon dioxide emissions. The emissions equipment we have put on the newer diesels raises the cost, increases breakdowns significantly and shortens the life of the engines. I doubt the cost is worth it. Also the number one cause of global warming is too many people. Why isn’t the government cracking down on imigration? Trump is trying to but the democrats and liberal judges are fighting him tooth and nail on it. If it weren’t for immigration the US would be close to 0 population growth, which is where we need to be.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24562
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.