Agnostic.com

19 8

What quality(ies) of the opposite sex do you appreciate the most?

So, today (December 20) is the International Human Solidarity Day, and I thought it would serve as a fitting occasion for us to say something nice about each another, if nothing else, just to remind us how much we take each other for granted.

I invite everyone to talk, in a genuine non-sarcastic way, about positive attributes that they think are generally more pronounced in the opposite sex or among the transgender/genderfluid community. So, here I go first:

The thing I admire the most about women is their greater ability to show compassion and empathy. It is sometimes frustrating to see the number of men who just don't give a shit about the fate of other human beings or species. I feel we would've been living on a very soulless and merciless planet if it wasn't for women.

Darius77 6 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love discovering that a man has paid attention, to his surroundings, people and other living things. Once there has been awareness, other traits reveal themselves:concern, love , appreciation.

I admire men who are philanthropic, giving to causes that benefit our fellow human beings, be it education, eldercare, the homeless, or the sick. Also, volunteerism. This tells me that they are not tribal and care deeply about humanity in general, apart and aside from those people that they are related to or know well. To feel compassion for strangers and feel driven to help them is the very definition of altruism. Aside from that, I cannot really ascribe any specific merit-worthy traits by sex.

As far as most positive attributes go, I think either sex can exhibit them. What I think is amazing about women, though, is that they can have babies. Not that I want any more babies, but it is amazing. Without women (or men, for that matter), we wouldn't exist... Additionally, I think women in general are emotionally "softer" in a good way, which seems to be a nice complement to most men. Maybe because of less testosterone? I also admire their bodies. Did I mention I admire their bodies?

i am not being sarcastic when i say that i refuse to generalize. i don't divide up admirable qualities (or the other kind) by gender.

g

No gender holds a monopoly on any admirable quality, but there are certain things that men and women excel at on average. I think that's worth celebrating.

@PalacinkyPDX oh i HATE that book! i am against everything it stands for!

g

@PalacinkyPDX ugh yes i am afraid so. fortunately for me i saw that book at the same time i discovered richard feynman's books, looked one way, looked the other, went with feynman, never looked back!

g

I admire compassion and intelligence. I find a man’s voice to be much more of.a turn-on than his looks.

Blunt honesty. I know it seems like a tough one to accept for most, but not me. At least with someone who is blunt, I know what to expect.

Ambition, intellect, and desires me

Jaed Level 5 Dec 25, 2018

What quality do I appreciate the most? Their willingness to have sex with me. Those that don't want to I appreciate as people and get on with life.

Kind, Caring, Understanding, Affectionate, Passionate, Open-Minded, Loyal, Truthful and Honest.

I absolutely love the more compassionate and nurturing nature of the feminine. I love the gentleness, caring, and "softness". I love the antithesis of the masculine. It drives me wild with desire.

She was real and not just an imaginary person in my head

Or the picture that came in the frame for Glamour Shots.
[briff.me]

@greyeyed123 right!!

The Hardware... 'Long is Original from Factory... No Transformers.

Ha Ha, here’s an honest guy not afraid to say he likes the hardware!

It’s hard to type when you’re laughing.

I agree—women tend to be warm-hearted. I also like the fact that they tend to be practical, prudent and responsible. They take care of themselves better.

I've found most women, no disrespect, to be the exact opposite, lol. Of all those attributes lol.

There are more genders than man and woman, and I find the same qualities attractive in anyone—extroverted, intelligent, energetic, assertive, creative, witty, kind, forgiving, and sensual. And we have to have chemistry and desire for each other. Extra points if they dance and have fix-it skills (I’ve got curtain rods that need hanging!)

UUNJ Level 8 Feb 15, 2019

What qualities of the opposite sex do I appreciate most?

Insanity.

What I look for most is a gorgeous, intelligent, fascinating, charming, charismatic, young lady in her twenties - with the figure of a goddess and legs that go on for ever - who is so absolutely HOWLING MAD that she would want to hurl herself at a 54-year-old codger who looks like a gremlin.

(And yes, you did say 'in a genuine, non-sarcastic way.' Sorry!)

Most women love to hug and cuddle, something of which I whole hearted agree with and appreciate.

Hi

Intelligence, sense of humour and mischief, smile, personality, and on a letchy note I like bums and the bare neck and a pony tail (obviously optional).......now I need a cold shower 🙂

A man would have be my friend, and share similar world views.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:247908
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.