Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Catholic Scouters and Sexual abuse

Again, this morning another report about the ‘wonderful’ Catholic clergy. I think this will only end when the church is outlawed. I heard one clergy man said he left the church because of this. While researching a NPR report on this subject I found this link: ” The media attention of the conspiracy to cover-up sexual abuse by members of the Roman Catholic Church (ministers and employees) is very similar to the past actions (and inactions) of the Boy Scouts of America. Peter Boyle's book - Scout's Honor - is an insightful look at how BSA mishandled sexual predators within the organization.”
More links.
[npr.org]
[npr.org]

JackPedigo 9 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am out of words on this topic. How many times can you say "I am disgusted by the behavior of these people and it must stop - NOW?"

The more this is brought to light the closer it may come to clamping down on the clergy that commit these despicable acts. One suggestion I would have would be that any clergy found committing these acts and not being turned in by their parishes then that parish should lose it's tax exempt status. Why should we the taxpayers have to subsidize pedophilia.

@JackPedigo Would love to get a politician to sign on to that idea.

@silverotter11 I should ask FFRF what they think. They are always suing the IRS to get the church subsidies stopped. They have even won a few cases.

This has GOT to stop!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:248274
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.