Agnostic.com

13 26

People with the healthiest personality types have these three qualities

"In the end, the psychologists and the students were in agreement that the emotionally healthy person possesses three particular traits:

"They are open to feelings, embrace positive emotions and are straightforward.

"They’re also low in neuroticism ― no big surprise there."

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I will just settle for who I am. No labels. No borders.

I prefer this one. This is me 😀

@MsDemeanour Me too!

Yes!

With the exception of routinely employing the full vulgar spectrum of my vocabulary, I fall within those parameters.

Welp, I'm screwed.

I am open to feelings, embrace positive emotions and am straightforward. But I have anxiety after being raped.

"Neuroticism is one of the higher-order personality traits in the study of psychology. Individuals who score high on neuroticism are more likely than average to be moody and to experience such feelings as anxiety, worry, fear, anger, frustration, envy, jealousy, guilt, depressed mood, and loneliness."

Most sorry (literally tears in my eyes) you experienced that life changing event. I know many who carry deep emotional scars from similar events.

Only Three?

Sounds like me...🙂

That was only two.

godef Level 7 Dec 20, 2018

@citronella READ THIS please. ....that's me direct not coy ....romantic not neurotic .....assertive not depressed .....VISIONARY not compartmentalizing empathic not insensitive .....trusting not suspicious ....giving not rapacious. ...rational NOT A BELIEVER. ...Atheist not agnostic

By that definition most of those peopple who are mentallly/developmentally disabled qualify. I agree.

I agree with the authors, and feel like the changes in my life are quite representative of choosing those qualities just because they seem to work. Seems like I tried everything else under the sun first.

Choosing your actions and positive vibes works.

I admire George Costanza's (read Larry David's) neuroticism, although I am not neurotic myself.

I have similar reactions as everyone here. The article seems to imply that anyone who doesn't embody these traits isn't as healthy; I say, screw that. The bigger problem I feel is when people feel less than adequate because they don't "measure up" -- articles like this feed into that. Particularly in regards to neuroticism. Also, the traits seem pretty generalized -- everyone has varying degrees, it's not all black and white.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:248406
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.