Agnostic.com

28 4

Is there a non-cringy way of telling someone you think they look nice on a given day?

I typically refrain from complimenting others unless I know them, or have built a relationship with them. However, there are times when I think, what is so wrong with saying to someone that you think they look nice today, or in a particular photo?

It seems like it is more socially acceptable for women to do this than men.

SteveB 7 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I rarely give compliments, I’d look like a creep anyway.

I give compliments sincerely when they seem appropriate and if people take it the wrong way it isn't my problem. in fact, i was actually sticking up for a gay man on here over a question and he started ripping into me and being sarcastic. BLOCKED. I have now blocked two people on here. ironically the other one called me dick breath. the people I talk to I'm sure can see I don't mind being wrong and im generally friendly and honest.

I do it often, even to strangers, They generally appreciate it. If it comes off as cringy, maybe its because you are cringy, lol, no offense intended.

I think anyone enjoys a compliment .... Where's the harm ?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24918
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.