Agnostic.com

32 2

How many would like to transform their body?

Anyone up for holiday bootcamp?
Here intermittent fasting, yoga, chores, gym, study and some reward activities during the week. Elaborations welcome.

• 18 votes
  • 18 votes
  • 8 votes
WarmFluffy 7 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like my little body.

Yes. I would like to know what it is to be a 6 ft euro-male with all the advantages that come with those genetics. I could walk around the urban environment without obnoxious comments yelled from the construction sites, the fear of rape or white supremacist attacks, 25% more pay for the same work, open to employment opportunities that are routinely denied the female gender, not have to worry about pregnancy, blah blah blah. Walk a mile in his shoes.

@Gooniesnvrdie Perhaps you might climb into the punch bowl.

I love my body just the way it is ...i run and exercise and I'm very active in my life... And I swim like a fish in the summer... 😉

well, i could do without the fibromyalgia, the diabetes, the broken eye tendon and indeed the legal blindness in the affected eye, the cataracts, the asthma, the diastasis rectii and even the gerd, not to mention the lupus that was diagnosed in japan but seems to elude doctors here in the usa. hell, even getting my chronically painful toe back to normal would be cool. the obesity that goes with most of the above is a pain in the everything, and the pain in the everything keeps me overweight. i need to get rid of my ptsd too so i can have the surgery that will probably save me from the suspected cancer too. new body? hell yeah!

g

I’ve tried it and it didn’t work out very well. ?

I suffer from chronic pain and am allergic to drug fixes. I would be happy to just not be exhausted from lack of sleep and pain.

Depends on what you're talking about when you say "new body." If you mean changing your body like losing weight and/or gaining muscle, then I've been doing that for the past 2-3 years by going to the gym and eating a healthy diet.

If you mean actually getting a new body like putting my brain into another body, then yes. I would like a new body: something taller, more handsome, full head of hair.

What? You are very handsome, not all women want a tall guy and OMG bald is sexy!

Fitness and diet are huge parts of my lifestyle. I’m pretty satisfied where I am.

And you should be, l have seen the pictures. 🙂

All I want is a new pancreas. Can you recommend a gym for that?

Well, not a gym. It can be challenging to heal the pancreas. Not sure which pancreatic trouble it is. Nevertheless some have had success healing themselves by making some lifestyle changes. I'm starting a 21 day raw vegan challenge in January. Would you like to try?

[drjockers.com]

Do you have T2D?

@Amisja I have T1D.

My son is also T1D. It's a horrible disease and insulin costs so much. ? Take care.

I am fine with my body. I like being thin.

Does it have to be a human body? I think I'd quite like to be a crow.

Jnei Level 8 Dec 23, 2018

@PalacinkyPDX Indeed, and more intelligent than quite a lot of humans!

Ah man, I thought this was about getting a new body, not about bootcamp....LOL You'll have to carry on without me, not into bootcamps fasting gym etc....

Okie dokie, my alarm rang, time to get ready and head off to the gym. I'll have fun for you.

I have no use for any of that nonsense.
Never have.

@maturin1919 I like lots of things. They just tend not to be what everyone else seems to like. I generally avoid whatever is "popular" or "on trend".

That's also the thing about "expectations", if they are not communicated clearly, how is anyone supposed to know what they are? Let alone, decide whether or not they are willing to live up to them?
Why would anyone have expectations of any of the rest of us here?

Can I have a new brain? I think I broke this one.

I'll put in an order for you. I hope you like refurbished.

A few more inches.

godef Level 7 Dec 23, 2018

The damage to this body is all part of my story. I wouldn’t be fully me without it.

How about reversing reversible damage?

@WarmFluffy I guess that would depend on cost vs benefit.

but I'm very sick and i can barely adult.

I probably would if someone could wave a magic wand. As it is, I can't do any form of exercise (not that I'd want to anyway) so I keep finding the weight that the rest of you lose. So stop it, please. 😉

I'm hoping readers will realize not to take things personally. There are many here in different situations. Of course, I sympathize with your plight and wish you the best of whatever is best fir you at this point. Nevertheless, should everyone be like a mouse, seen, but not heard, and certainly not mention the joys of life like reveling in keeping or boosting our fitness routines? If we're to have a chance to have a better quality of life than past generations of late in our later years, cultivating optimal well being ways is necessary. Have a happier holiday!

@WarmFluffy I'm afraid that I worded that badly. I was not asking people to stop giving advice. I was trying to joke about the way I seem to be gaining the weight that other people lose. Bad joke. Sorry.

@ladyprof70 You're fine. Maybe I took what was said too hard. It's great to have enthusiastic older folks participating

My body is halfway between Chris Hemsworth and Chris Farley, so I’m good.

I'm not sure who they are.

I rather do that than work today and tomorrow.

I'll leave this book here for people who are interested in changing their bodies.
What Doesn't Kill Us: How Freezing Water, Extreme Altitude and Environmental Conditioning will Renew our Lost Evolutionary Strength
by Scott Carney

I like the word "transform" better. I can't get a new body, no matter how much I would like one, so I'd like to focus on transforming the one I've got.

I've been pretty hopeless about exercising. My mental health issues have sabotaged most of my previous attempts to make healthy changes. But I'm seeing improvement in that lately and I just discovered physical therapy could fix my back problems I've been having for years so I'm feeling really hopeful. I'm doing my PT stretches, walking, and have changed my diet plan. The scale has been stubborn but I'm going more for losing inches over losing pounds anyway. Things look hopeful.

OK I'll edit.

@WarmFluffy Cool!

I think about it but I just don’t quite have the discipline and structure to do it right. Although what I have is still working okay but getting a little worn out from a lifetime of athletic endeavors.

I was more of a turtle, never even got into competitions, but love Pilates. A little instead of maxing out can do wonders. I have recovered from some accidents.

@WarmFluffy I get the majority of my exercise through activities, mainly tennis and skiing. But, I know a little weight training would do me good.

Sure. But it's going to take way more than yoga and diet to fix me. It would take major back surgery. I can't take opiods. So I'll just live with it.

Oops, I ran out of prep time for the gym. I guess I'll look up a routine on the gyms app.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:250332
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.