Agnostic.com

5 0

Ever thought about how boring life is?

#tag
jamjam 3 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can only be bored if your not comfortable in your own skin

Never. I cannot remember when I was bored last time, must have been decades.
There is so much to do, so much to learn, so much to find out, so many people to speak to and have fun with, so much to taste, so much to look at, ... life is way too short to even begin.

Life is mostly unremarkable and ordinary. We spend most of our time shitting, showering, shaving, eating and working and of course sleeping.

But that's not the same thing as boring.

I think often people feel their life is a failure and uninteresting if they don't cure cancer or end world hunger, or do something else that causes people to make a statue of them in the park after they die. But by definition those things only happen to a fortunate and talented few. Most of us don't get that statue when we die (although I figure that's okay, it's just something for the pigeons to crap all over).

But guess what ... if you can accept your true scope as an ordinary schmuck of no real distinction, living an ordinary life like billions of others ... if you can quit trying to be something you're not ... then you can take a great deal of pleasure and satisfaction our of the SMALL things that abound in your life, rather than always waiting for the BIG things that never come. You can take pride in having personal integrity, endurance and showing love to others without having to do anything but just live your ordinary everyday existence.

Boredom is really mostly a product of people rejecting what they have and bemoaning some preconceived notion of what they SHOULD have but DON'T. Rather than looking closely at the beauty of what they DO have.

It is the most boring thing ever, except when it’s not.

Awwwww... Dude, life is only boring if you allow it to be. Do something and get back to me.

Duke Level 8 Feb 16, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25177
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.