Agnostic.com

9 18

Pear and Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast

This is what I made for my Christmas dinner with roasted red potatoes and a salad.

Delicious!

Pear and Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast

Butterfly the roast, and place it between plastic wrap. With a meat pounder or mallet, flatten the roast evenly to ½” thick. Spray a roasting pan with nonstick spray. Place roast in pan. Cut 6-8 long pieces of string.

1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup sliced onion
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups chopped peeled pear (about 2)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup apple juice
1 (2-pound) boneless pork loin roast, trimmed and butterflied
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with olive oil.
  2. Add onion, thyme, sage, and garlic. Sauté for 10-15 minutes or until onion is tender.
  3. Stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
  4. Add the pear; cook for 10 minutes or until pear is softened, stirring often. Add cranberries and apple juice; cook 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
  5. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Sprinkle both sides of roast with salt and pepper. Spread the pear mixture over roast, leaving a 2-inch margin around the outside edges. Roll up roast, jelly-roll fashion, starting with short side. Secure at 1-inch intervals with twine. Place roast in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 160 degrees (slightly pink in the middle). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing into 1-inch-thick slices.

Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 slice)

NUTRITION PER SERVING

CALORIES 171(34% from fat); FAT 6.4g (sat 2.3g,mono 2.7g,poly 0.5g); PROTEIN 19.2g; CHOLESTEROL 54mg; CALCIUM 25mg; SODIUM 301mg; FIBER 1.1g; IRON 0.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 8.9g

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

OMG that looks amazing.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Looking at the recipe this looks like a lot of work, the picture makes it look like it was worth it.

@dalefvictor

Pounding the roast makes it more tender.

Assemble the ingredients before cooking. Heat your pan.

While onion, garlic and herbs are cooking on a low temperature, you can peel and chop the pear.

I make this often because it's so delicious. It's fancy enough for company, too. Everybody loves it.

The only annoying part (for me) is cooling the pear/cranberry mixture before stuffing and tying the roast up.

In the winter, I stick the pan outside on the deck. It cools down in 5-10 minutes!

Kathleen

Looks very good

Sounds and looks great! Thanks for the recipe. Had diner at my son's with the granddaughters. I usually don't care for stuffing but he made a Shitake mushroom and sausage stuffing that was soo good. Moist and lots of mushrooms.

@rogueflyer

You're welcome. Glad you like the recipe!

Yumm......

Looks good, I made traditional Moose tourtierre and French Canadian pea soup from a smoked ham bone. Had to make my favorites to help digest my first christmas dinner alone

Have some of this with it.

I’ve had this or something similar. Delicious.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:252109
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.