Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Hospitals will soon have to publish prices for the public to see

Some hospital officials are warning that the published prices are likely to bear no resemblance to the actual prices, which can vary depending on the rates the hospitals negotiate with insurance companies.

However, HHS says hospitals are free to offer more information to consumers to put prices in context and to let people know how much they are actually likely to pay.

HippieChick58 9 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If this is part of the Affordable Care Act, why is it only now being done?

Also, this is a start, but I'd like to see the cost published in addition to the price.

That might not be a good idea. Some might become hostile and do the wrong thing at the hospital.

Good maybe they’ll settle on a reasonable rate for all

I don't think this is a very good idea. It only hurts the poor. They already don't go enough because of cost, this will really scare them off going. We just need to fix our stupid system rather than throwing band aids at it.

Remi Level 7 Dec 28, 2018

I'm not poor, but I very much avoid doctors and hospitals because just walking through the door is like writing a blank check. At least if you know the cost you can see it coming and if it isn't emergent you can figure out where the money will be coming from.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:253398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.