Agnostic.com

11 15

Republicans would rather build a giant wall than fix crumbling bridges, roads and other infrastructure

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Republocrats would rather blame TrumpOLINI falsely than admit dope and killers are coming across insecure borders....Rethuglicans would rather bankrupt our nation than pay taxes this year for their illegal wars

As our country crumbles,they are more concerned with pleasing their corporate overlords,and enriching themselves?

Those who benefit from dividing the people are good at what they do, and that is bad news. They know that fanning insecurity and resentment is an effective way to mobilize believers. That it's also toxic to the nation, and ultimately the world matters not a whit to them.

Build a wall.

Throw their kids in cages; just a couple of them have died, no big deal.

They're all criminals and terrorists.

Those who convince people that the rest of the world is hostile and that the nation must be kept AMERICAN change the ethical ground in a fundamental way for their followers; "corruption" no longer means lining one's own pockets, it means the degradation of the population by un-American foreigners. Trump, and the GOP members of Congress, may be viewed by their base as saving the country from being degraded by the twisted and evil, and so essential to survival that the base will overlook any outrageous misconduct. The purported crisis of the national identity being jeopardized is so compelling the base of Trump supporters can completely ignore the financial strains and structural rot that habitual GOP mismanagement causes; they don't pay attention to the crumbling bridges, because they're busy scanning the horizon for invaders. Keep them looking the wrong way, just like any good sleight of hand artist.

@alliwant

Well said.

The real problem is that their behavior is not sustainable. I have read, heard, and discussed with many that they think the world will come to an end soon. This fact is what gives them permission to do what they will. The world is not going to last long enough for any affect of Global Warming to take effect so why not make as much money as one can while the bank can be robbed. We are the one's who are going to pay either way, they have the power and the money to keep us all down and in a loosing position. Woe be to anyone who can take them on.

Well of course, the contracts for the wall have been put into action, Oh I mean the fix has been put in to the contractors to pay trump for the priviledge of doing poor work and cheating us at every turn. He will only hire the corrupt.

It is infuriatingly obvious that the current administration does not give a rat's rectum about the American people, our infrastructure, or our welfare. These politicians have successfully harvested the fear and racism of those who vote for them. They have also capitalized on the apathy and hopelessness of the shrinking voting base. The Democrats are also culpable for playing politics as usual, and the failure of the Obama administration for trying to "Get Along" with enemies who were sworn to DESTROY HIM.

The stakes are very high, and the clock is ticking. Will Trump, with all his selfish, myopic and puerile behavior, destroy this country first...Before he can be removed. Who knows? Never, since WW2 has this countries very essence been so threatened. I never thought that I would lived so see the day that this country might be destroyed, but now I am not sure.

@GuyKeith

Agreed.

Very accurate,especially the part about the democrats being complicit.That is troublesome for me as I am a lifelong,liberal democrat

@WayneDalton Yes it is hard to take as we like to think everyone is not against us and that there is a fair playing field. As long as Capitalism is our main point of view we are going to have the false god that money is. When we worship money people come in a far second.

An accurate statement -- and sheer idiocy!

So true.

I have thought these things many times. On top of the crumbling infrastructure, we also see divisive and divided politics, rising poverty and income inequality, two-tiered justice system, domination of the oligarchs, loss of revenue and an economy geared to endless war.

@gsiamne

You are right. It's sad.

And, that’s a disgusting thing.

Other than pandering to the really thick, what does Trump think the wall will actually do?

Give him something else to brag about?

Another obfuscation while he continues to steal.trump is a conman on a national scale,and should be evicted from the people's White house?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:254749
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.