Agnostic.com

15 13

What's in a smile?

First impressions! That bio pic. Yes, we are all much much more than our bio pic. But as you are browsing, what makes you stop to find out more about that person?

Personally, I love smiles. I will stop for a smile... they speak to me. ?

So, what attracts you to someone's bio?

BeeHappy 9 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What is the longest word in the English language?
Smiles, because there's a mile between the S's.

There is nothing (to me) more beautiful than a smiling woman. Smiles to me are a sign of happiness. Sometimes I have people tell me a smile too much... but you know, I'm happy in life. I'm healthy, have a great job, and I have little to be unhappy about.

Smiles attract smiles or at least I hope so. ?

The word Liberal.

I never know for sure - no one thing. And it often has little to do with a smile.

On dating sites, men's unsmiling pictures look like they want to hit the person holding the camera. They look miserable, glum, angry and/or depressed.

A genuine smile is inviting, warm and appealing. People want to see your eyes and smile.

If you look happy in your photos, people will see you as a fun person they will enjoy being around.

Show your pearly whites! Women assume:

A nice smile = healthy mouth = good kisser

Every single man I met with closed-mouth photos had horrid teeth: missing teeth, black stumps, rotten, brown, gray or yellow teeth, diseased gums, nasty tartar, badly crooked, snaggle-toothed and/or breath that stank of rotten meat. UGH. I cannot imagine kissing that.

You nailed it! ?

@BeeHappy

Thank you!

Got all my teeth.. But am concerned that if folks saw me smiling, or laughing (as I do often reading around here) ..they’d not take me serious 😉

Lol fuck smiles

I click on most profiles I come across. A picture means little to me as I know some need to be quiet about their involvement on sites such as this. I chose my profile pic as it is colorful and we had this sticker on everything "dangerous" in the house as a kid. I'd rather people look at my profile for genuine interest in my personality than for any type of physical attraction. Not assuming anyone would find me specifically attractive intellectually either.

I usually enjoy bios that give some idea as to the person but leaves room to discuss, interact and discover. A pretty smile is nice but nothing like the adventure of discovering someone new and interesting.

...we had this sticker on everything "dangerous" in the house as a kid.” ..still laughing 😀

I really don't know. Some pictures just draw me in, while others don't. I recently checked a profile because someone was a doppelganger of someone I used to know.

I’ve noticed ‘two of those,’ one’s my sister, the other’s a previous affair.. Yikes!

Like you say: smiles. And eyes. I wear glasses most of the time, but I often take them off for pictures so my eyes can be seen.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 30, 2018

Smiles get me in trouble. Never trust a good smile. XD

A good, decent length bio where I can really get a sense of someone's personality, that's the good stuff. If it makes me smile or laugh, even better.

"I dunno, get to know me" or the equivalent just makes me wonder if they're going to put that same amount of effort into everything they do in life.

RezZa Level 5 Dec 30, 2018

...I attempt to keep it ‘age appropriate,’ and do appreciate a sincere wholesome smile. Some of our younger female participants are simply beautiful.. Had I had an opportunity in my younger years to meet their equivalent ..I’d have swam an ocean ~

Actually took down my smile pic some time ago.. as not to be ID’d. I appreciate the anonymity of this place and suspected some former acquaintances might screw that up. So, it’s just me, my workin boots and a filthy arm … with an occasional post pic tossed in for fun 🙂

Varn Level 8 Dec 30, 2018

A smile for sure, but mainly a general impression based on pictures, posts and replies. Character and personality are everything.

For sure! And sometimes you will read a post or comment and get a totally different perspective on someone that doesn't have a particularly good photo and it connects with you.

@PalacinkyPDX Lol, yes that is so true! ?

@BeeHappy so true!

"one may smile and smile, and be a villain." -- hamlet, in "hamlet" by w.s. shakespeare

g

A great smile is wonderful. Great way to catch my attention.

Several things in a profile pic might catch my eye: Big, bright, expressive eyes. A broad, natural smile. An appearance of having fun. An intense, focused expression. High contrast.

Scientists have shown, with functional MRIs, that forcing a smile makes your happier. I need to practice more often, let the political crap go by unnoticed sometimes, forget about climate change and possible doom for all, and practice my smile.

Shall we rehearse laughter as well?

@CallMeDave IDK of a study, but it would probably work.

@EdEarl @CallMeDave google laughter therapy. Absolutely tons of evidence it helps.

@Amisja I gave you a Haha Like, but I didn't feel any happier, but telling you about it did. 🙂

@EdEarl Check it on Youtube. Its amazing

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:255049
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.