Agnostic.com

23 2

What is your "get-rich-quick" tip that isnt a scam?

AnnaMD 5 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can marry more money in 5 minutes than you can make in a lifetime!

You can also LOSE by marrying!

@Rustee Yes you can do that as well.

Not interested. I would rather enrich my mind and body.
As long as I have a roof over my head and healthy food in addition to access to the world's great minds, that is all I need.

@maturin1919
Like what? A person interested in enriching myself, yes.

@maturin1919 Do you kick puppies? Just asking. Cause gees.

@maturin1919 - why should small dogs not exist? My small (14-22 lbs) dogs are wonderful, I cannot imagine my life without them.

@maturin1919 - vomit away! Thankfully there are animals of many varieties for the many wishes of the owners.

Don't get knocked up and poop out crotchfruit.

Crotchfruit? Oh no.... Please take that word away.... I'm gonna remember that one.... dammit.

@RavenCT would you prefer "sex trophies"? LOL

Sell a kidney, invest the money in a weed farm.

Lol maybe keep the kidney but hemp and cannabis in legal states does seem like a good investment. I think theres even an app now where you can start with a very small amount and invest in the legal industry, probably whether you live in a legal state or not. Can't recall what it's called but a quick google for anyone interested should bring it up.

Get rich quick? Become a sugar baby. Yuck!

That's how my ex-husband's wife two became rich; she found herself a daddy. <shudder>

I just looked it up, and I'm in the top 3.65% of earners this year, so maybe I am finally rich (my goal for next year is the top 1%, ha-ha--I blasted through my yearly lifetime goal a couple of years ago, so shrugged and kept going). Suzy Orman always said, "People first, then money, then things." That has always been my values. I started with education, working hard, getting a job to use my degree, using my degree in my personal and financial life, and living way below my means...thus saving, investing, learning all the time. I've been thinking of buying a luxury car...but I'm emotionally attached to my 2005 Ford Focus. Also, I've always seemed to value the potential to make much more money much later than spend a little bit of money right now. Over time, that has snowballed. (And now I'm actually concerned about alienating family and friends if I spend too much. Everyone is going to know. Plus I have elderly parents and may need to pay for caregivers--or who knows what--in the next few years.)

Sound advice.

Yup I did that all and got derailed at "Hey you are fully disabled now - Hello!".

It happens. It's good to plan.

Be born to billionaire parents.

Be awarded my half of our estate in a divorce... Oh, wait, that wasn't quick, and it was not cheap.. But now I am once again "comfortable"... Yay!

Diversify your investments

If I had a get rich quick tip, I would already be rich

GwenC Level 7 Dec 30, 2018

Software testing. Also can you please reply to my message?

Real estate. On average it costs about $4000 to get set up, and that initial investment can bring you in a return (with some elbow grease) of nearly $70,000 your first year.

Have a plan, work hard.

Win the lotto or inherite from a rich relative.

I am not rich but I do advise people to get out of the market. I suggest liquidating your 401k and rolling it into a Self directed IRA. I invested in a couple of rentals so I now have 2 houses free and clear, $1500 in rent a month, $32k in pension and $1800 a month in SS. I can make it on that. I work part-time to stay busy. Had I started before 2007 I would be much better off.

What do you invest the self-directed IRA in?

@doug6352 rental property mostly. There are other investments, some more risky than others. You don't pay taxes until you pull money out of the IRA, or pull the property out of the IRA. A trust company is used to filter the money and you form an LLC to house your rentals. Just like a 401k you can't retrieve your money before you are 59 1/2 unless you want to pay penalties or make a loan and pay interest. Upkeep on the IRA and Trust co. is about $180 a year, there are fees for bank transfer and you should carry insurance on the rentals along with property tax. LLC's are free in some states, expensive in others. I bought my rentals in MO.

For me, in my situation, if I decide to improve my financial situation, I have some options:

For a little bit of money: Want less. Stop shopping for things I don't need. Sell things in my storage unit I'll never use again. Work more, relax less.

For a lot of money: Move into a less desirable living space and rent my place out as a vacation rental. Or sell my condo entirely, which I would hate to do.

My current quality of life is worth having to pinch a few pennies now and then, to keep living as I am.

Marry someone wealthy.

NO, the better plan is to divorce someone wealthy! Or better yet, get to keep your OWN wealth when divorcing.... Gee, do I sound scarred?!?

Time machine (technically, not a scam).

Hey JustRyan - have you found a working time machine?? I would love to borrow it for awhile. Let me know yesterday, will you?!?

I will, but it will have to be soon. Because the last time I used it, it broke down on next Thursday.

Disclaimer: Im too broke to pay attention but I'm good at strategy games, in theory. Clark's advice sounds good if you're gonna invest in something. If not Hemp or an IRA, invest in land. They're not making any more of it. Well volcanos but that won't be fertile for a long time. My grandpa used to say "don't bet on the horses" meaning, stay out of volatile unpredictable markets.

If I knew what it was, I'd be rich.

Being a pimp.

Get-rich-quick. . . Not sure that is attainable without a nefarious or destructive component.

Over time, living without recurring or with minimal expenses will allow you to save a great deal of money.

Example:
I have never paid for cable television.
In earlier years lived in the cheapest apartment in town.
To save gas I would walk to laundry mat so save quarters, would dry clothes on hangers suspended on board with notches for hangers to dry clothes on walk back to apartment.
Never blew money on unnecessary expenses like bubblegum machine
Always buy with coupons or wait for sales
Never purchase anything with credit that can not be paid in full (I have never used a credit card)
Calculate cheapest volume prices and purchase only cheapest price per quantity.
Quality used (if selective) can surpass new items at a fraction of the price.
For some items, (lawnmowers, tools, etc.) buying top quality, although it may cost many times more then cheap similar goods, is usually a good investment.
If you can, fix things yourself.

Over many years this practice has allowed me to own (paid in full years ago) a very nice 5 bedroom house with a theater in the basement and squirrel away a great deal of money.

Most I know with similar incomes are living paycheck to paycheck.

I have no get-rich-quick desire. I do not want to obtain wealth nor do I want be part of the wealthy and what it stands for. Your mileage may vary.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:255183
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.