Agnostic.com

11 0

Favorite historical fiction book?

AnnaMD 5 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Horseman on the Roof

is a 1951 adventure novel written by Jean Giono. It tells the story of Angelo Pardi, a young Italian carbonaro colonel of hussars, caught up in the 1832 cholera epidemic in Provence. In 1995, it was made into a film of the same name directed by Jean-Paul Rappeneau.
Originally published: November 1951
Genre: Fiction
Adaptations: The Horseman on the Roof (1995)

i wonder if you could classify the "earths children" series, ie. Clan of the Cave Bear

For some array of eras and places- and fiction I have found to be very accurate-

A Pillar of Iron.
April Morning.
Anna and the King of Siam.
The Killer Angels.

Catch 22

John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath.

Parke Godwin has several I enjoyed. Look up Sherwood to start.

Conan the Cimmerian by Robert Howard

Always liked the James Clavell series starting with Shogun.

Just discussing Taipan recently.

@Beowulfsfriend of all the books he wrote, King Rat was my favorite, the movie was awesome.

@clarkatticus that is an awesome book

War and Peace,

grapes of wrath

There are numerous such novels. Here are just a few. I suggest War and Peace (super long, so keep that in mind). Generations of Winter is excellent (also quite long). Zola's Germinal is interesting.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:255262
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.