Agnostic.com

47 13

Who's your favorite superhero of all time, and why?

I'll go first, mine is Wonder Woman. I love the history of her character, how she's been portrayed, and the story of how she's played.

Redcupcoffee 7 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hate to say it, but mine is Deadpool. Why? He expresses intelligence, irreverence and a sarcastic wit in equal measure.

I have friend whose favorite is Howard the Duck for similar reasons. Plus,he's a duck.

I can see that. @Blindbird

Me too. @silvereyes

Mr. Spock from the original star trek because I always enjoyed his logic nothing ever seemed to excite him.

dc65 Level 7 Feb 17, 2018

Except pon farr, then you better bring your tribbles inside.

Does Samantha Stevens count as a superhero? When I was very young, I used to fantasize that I was really her son, and that I was kidnapped by my current parents, but that some day I would find my way back home... to the REAL Darrin.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but Sargent or York? Okay, I might remember now. Ha ha.

Dick York has always been the real Darrin to me. He was so animated and so much fun to watch.

I am not sure if mine counts or not; but my favorite is V (V for Vendetta). I love him because he fights back against those who tried to suppress him and others.

Batman. No "superpowers" (if you don't count wealth). Flawed. Brooding. Dark. Feels a responsibility to serve humanity. Fashionable, famous playboy who doesn't constantly chase tail, self-aggrandize, or go through life in a chemical daze. All the best toys.

My kind of person.

ETA: close second: Aeon Flux: like a female Batman, minus the wealth and morals, plus dystopian political intrigue and LOADS of sex.

This is my choice, but only for the reason that he's the only one I know of that could actually exist, especially with the level of technology we currently have.

Rocky The Flying Squirrel.

Danger Mouse.

🙂

Ill go with "The Dude" from the Big Lebowski...

Linus Torvalds ... Developed the best computer operating system in the world and gave it away for free.

I didn't have one until I saw Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man. That combination is my favorite!

She isn't strictly a superhero but I love Tank Girl. Her comic was a gauntlet thrown to other comics; in a medium where you can do almost anything, why do you keep doing the same things over? It was Deadpool before Deadpool.

As a character she was completely amoral, and she destroyed the entire planet to kill 2 TV presenters that she (and I) hate!

Popeye! Although I was very disappointed after I talked my mom into buying a can of spinach for me. The supersized forearms never materialized because I couldn't choke down the first mouthful straight out of the can.

Talk about disillusionment... but apparently you survived.

@godef yes, but I still make at least one annual pilgrimage to the Popeye statue in his hometown: [chesterill.com]

Boy "can" I relate. My mother apparently grew up thinking vegetables came from a can. It was only when I became an adult and found out that vegetables should be bought and prepared fresh. I found out that I actually did like many things that I had grown up thinking were gross.

Fleischer Brothers Popeye is the best, imo.

spinach does not work

@dc65 you are right. Once I got older, I discovered that beer is much more likely to give a guy superpowers - and it tastes better than canned spinach.

@dc65 Raw spinach in a salad is actually pretty good. And I love spinach quiche. But your right, grossest thing I ever tasted out of a can.

I guess I'm old fashioned on this - Superman. Batman was second; didn't read anything else (about superheroes, that is!).

godef Level 7 Feb 17, 2018

Well, then here is a dream destination for a road trip for you – Metropolis, IL Home of Superman. Here is a picture of my granddaughter with him in his usual spot ensuring that the courthouse is kept safe from Lex Luther.

It's really a trick question, right? You realize that there's only one true super hero, don't you? Batman is really Bruce Wayne in costume. Peter Parker was bitten by a spider and became Spiderman, and Bruce Banner was exposed to gamma radiation and was transformed into the Hulk. Almost all super heroes of similar stories with the exception of Superman, his super powers came to him naturally and Clark Kent is the disguise.

That said, l like Wolverine. He's more about protecting the people he loves than undertaking a crusade against all that's wrong. He backs his friends when they do though.

JimG Level 8 Feb 17, 2018

The Skarf. She was a teacup poodle who was on my shoulder at any opportunity. Definitely a protector

I like the Hulk. He's a quiet guy who wants to be left alone.

Spawn! Willing to fight against heaven and hell.

The first comic books that I read was Spiderman and the X-men when I was eight years old. Both are my favorites for different reasons. Spiderman was a srcunny kid who got super powers, and had an intellectual and scientific mind, and the X-men were different and discriminated against, but they all fought for to protect everyone.

I grew up reading the Spider-Man comics. I can remember heading down to the local convenience mart to get the next issue. It was a weekly trip for me (three titles coming out bi-weekly). Those were some good times! I have always liked Peter Parker/Spider-Man because he was very easy to relate to. as I got older I became a fan of Wolverine, and the X-Men. But nothing compares to my love for Star Wars.

The first superhero...Gilgamesh.
[observationdeck.kinja.com]

Nice!

Christopher Hitchens

Beast, his personality sort of fits mine.

FloridaMan. I'm a native cracker with a love of the absurd. He counts,right?

The tick. Spooooooooon!

The Punisher. Just an average guy who had something terrible happen and decides to take things into his own hands.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25531
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.