Agnostic.com

9 1

Religion based misogyny

Is religiously based misogyny fair game for public criticism?

• 41 votes
  • 0 votes
MauiMike 5 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hell yeah!

Misogyny warrants criticism. Religion is fair game for criticism. Any ideology is fair game for criticism.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 31, 2018

Misogyny is misogyny, in or out of religion.

Religion, yes, real life,... not so much.

Isn’t pretty much all religion dependent on misogyny? That is certainly ONE thing to criticize about religion.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
34 The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says. 35 If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.

1 Timothy 2:11-14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

​I'm certainly ready to criticize this kind of Bible BS.

Absolutely and it should be

Misogyny in any form, from any source, is fair game for criticism, ridicule, and derision.
Everything else which is borne of religion is also open to criticism, ridicule, and
derision.

On this site- almost anything religiously based is fair game. That's my thinking though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:255496
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.