Agnostic.com

10 21

Based on the nature of a few discussions I've been in/seen here over the last couple of days, I'd like to share a book recommendation,

[bookofbadarguments.com]

Crimson67 8 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nice link, need to study it...

Very interesting little book! The arguments are valid; cartoons, cute!

Excellent - I really enjoyed that read. It clarified a couple things for me. So I went and bought the Kindle version...

Thanks for the link. I just read/skimmed the whole thing and I like it!

Seconded. And not really connected except for mood but I would recommend following that up with either Soonish (Zach and Kelly Weinersmith) or Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do (Peter McWilliams).

Yes -- if I ever go back on Facebook, I'll make link one of my profile pictures!

Ohub Level 7 Feb 17, 2018

I have referenced several times a great book I recently read - The Righteous Mind : : Why Good People Are Divided By Politics And Religion by
Haidt, Jonathan.

I love it! Thank you for recommending it. So far I just skimmed through and looked at the cartoons. I really like the style of the drawings, and my favorite is the one in which the Queen tells the curious little crane that she cannot have jam today because it is not an other day. I am definitely familiar with that reasoning. I will keep it on a browser tab and read it.

interesting. I'm sure i do that stuff plenty. i need to study this. thanks.

Is this like one of the agnostic gospels?

@Ignostic_Skeptic ha

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25728
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.