Agnostic.com

2 3

It would be nice if we could set audio cues for certain notifications. It happens frequently that I'm on a different part of the site, and someone I wish to talk to sends a message and I don't see any sign of it because (I guess) I'm either scrolled down below the status bar or the visual notification isn't updating until I refresh the page. I'm not sure which. I just know that a tone would be really nice, and it would be nice to be able to customize such tones for different kinds of notifications.

vertrauen 7 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Needs an app

Interesting idea. Our first goal is just to get the mailbox icon updating in real-time. I'll think about if we can make an audio bing when mail or alerts come in. Thanks!

Admin Level 9 Oct 31, 2017

A reasonable alternative would be to modify the status bar so that it doesn't disappear when you scroll down. That way, once you get the notifications working in real time, we would see the red dot with our peripheral vision, whether it makes a bing or not.

@vertaruen good idea - thanks!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2581
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.