Agnostic.com

3 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry but no matter how fast Mister Rational talks, 9x doesn't equal 90 if x=9.9999.
And while his assertion is that everyone thinks that they're right and everybody else is wrong, that's not always the case. Personally, when I make a mistake it's because I made a mistake in reasoning and it pisses me off.
I think the video proves that we're more lazy than less rational. Once you point out to someone that it really doesn't matter what Chris is they will see it and understand it instead of just quickly seeing that they weren't given a designation

lerlo Level 8 Jan 5, 2019

As I examine this I see the first example as wrong. Let's just say the answer is correct but it was misleading to have Chris in that picture at all because we cannot assume anything about Chris and he was simply put into the example as a distraction.

I think the problem is that we have to think about two contradictory relationships at the same time. When I made the same mistake, I only thought of one relationship and two possibilities stemming from it, instead of the situation as a whole. Also, the pace of the video gives you no time to think about it, which implies to the viewer that you don't need time to think about it, which sets you up to make the mistake.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:258936
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.