Agnostic.com

6 6

LINK McDonald's Launches Vegetarian Happy Meal For Kids | HuffPost UK

The world is waking up.

People are finally seeing the truth and businesses are going to change or go away.

SkotlandSkye 8 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As I own the stock I encouraged them to offer an alternative to carrion. People used to laugh at me for pressuring them to offer salads. They now have salads. And people order them. Incremental steps toward a better world. But steps none the less. Haggard working mothers who order pancakes & sausage have a more heathful option.

Baby steps, but steps none-the-less. ♥

Oh no... After a while peopel may no longer understand those scenes from the movie "About A Boy".

To me McDonald's will always be McDonald's and their choice of food items makes no difference. It's a business and it only cares about the bottom line.

Which is fine. At least now they are willing to start making changes to meet market demand and better health and ethics. Let’s hope they make further changes soon.

@SkotlandSkye Another funny coincidence (my life seems to be full of them). I went to our dump/transfer station/take it or leave it and grabbed some items I wanted to leave. Among the pile I found a magazine my British friend gave me last year "The Vegetarian", from the British Vegetarian Society. I hadn't really read it but looked a little more closely. Under "Facing the Dragons" there was a blurb on GF konjac flour (supposedly made from Elephant Yam). Then there was an item about "Secret Sausage" a sort of vegetable banger. When I lived in Europe a friend (British of course) and I would head to the country once a year to stock up on Pork Bankers (I liked them much better than the German Wursts). I need to ask my friend if she has any more of these periodicals. Certainly you know of this group.

Hmmm. I wonder if these kids are vegetarian by choice? Also, what are vegetarians doing at a place like McDonalds?

You mean as opposed to being mindlessly brainwashed by the meat and dairy industries through constant bombardment of commercials on TV that normalizes eating dead flesh and drinking the breast milk of other species?

Childhood obesity is EPIDEMIC, less than 30% of high school seniors can pass a military physical entrance exam....and you're pondering if kids are "vegetarian by choice"? You're not even a "meat-eater" by choice....you are a product of cultural conditioning from a young age. It's the same indoctrination process that religions use.

@SkotlandSkye Wow. The eating of flesh and drinking of milk is an evolutionary phenomena. This occurred long before television. Beware of bifurcation and the black and white fallacy. Yes, obesity is epidemic, but to label eating meat (or fat) as the culprit is to not clearly understand what has caused obesity. Ever since the McGovern commission in the 70's falsely identified red meat and fat as the culprit for obesity and heart disease, Americans cut back. The result? We are fatter than ever. What happened? Sugar and carbs are what happened. Sugar and carbs are the villains, not meat. The crusade against meat is a philosophical and political crusade, not a medically sound one.

@SkotlandSkye I have studied this and even wrote and article on obesity [ruthlessreviews.com]

@GuyKeith the drinking of human milk by humans is evolutionary. Not humans drinking cow, goat, or whoever else's milk.

@Count_Viceroy It certainly is. Both physically and practically. It was a much needed food source that help stave off starvation and extinction. The genetic change that enabled early Europeans to drink milk without getting sick has been mapped to dairying farmers who lived around 7,500 years ago in a region between the central Balkans and central Europe.

Read more at: [phys.org]

@GuyKeith just because you wrote an opinion piece doesn't make you an expert. You might want to look into REAL research by REAL experts.

Doctors like Dr. Greger and Dr. Campbell would be great ones to start with.
I have the book HOW NOT TO DIE by Dr. Michael Greger, MD on ebook. If you message me your email, I will send it to you.

I mean, unless you don't want to make better choices for your health and the health of the planet...and if you really don't give a fuck about the suffering of other Earthlings....

Look through this link -- most of these MEDICAL DOCTORS have books available.
[nutriciously.com]

@SkotlandSkye Please don't misrepresent what I wrote. I never claimed to be an expert, only that I have extensively studied the data and reached my conclusions about nutrition. I can site numerous authors and experts like Gary Taube who disagree. Your next to last sentence is pretty insulting to me. You are saying that if I do not agree with your philosophy that I do not care about the suffering of other Earthlings. This is very unsound reasoning, quite unfair to me, and frankly I expected better from you.

@GuyKeith Interestingly enough, I expected better of you.
I mean, seriously, if you care about the suffering of other Earthlings, and it would not harm you in any way to stop paying people to torture and kill other Earthlings....then, why wouldn't you? That is highly illogical.

You claim to have studied the data "extensively" but I guarantee you have not read one thing by any of the MDs who I linked to. Not one book, not one article. Reading only things that back up your already formed opinion is called "confirmation bias".

@SkotlandSkye I strongly suggest that you re-read this exchange. You expected better of me for what reson? Not being a vegetarian? Is this your only metric for measuring individuals? Please feel free to cite anything I wrote that is objectionable, over and beyond not agreeing with you.

@GuyKeith no ...for claiming to have “researched extensively “ something you obviously haven’t researched extensively. I’m offering you a copy of a book by a leading MD researcher. Free. Ebook. Extensively researched. But you aren’t interested. I’ve given it out 17 times on this website already. I thought you’d at least be open minded enough to ask for it AND read it.

About time the meals should be offered for everyone who prefers them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:259041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.