Agnostic.com

32 3

So I got a 7 year old, Easter is coming up soon and he wants to know is Jesus really real and will he visit. I'm not sure how to give him an answere. They have been learning about Jesus and Easter at school :/

Kitty-kosmo85 4 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Jesus visiting"??? It sounds like he is confusing jesus with santa claus, lol!

Dress someone close to Jesus and visit him

You can encourage independent thought by asking him questions that spur the thought process. I.e. What do you think? What evidence do you see about a god? Why do you think others believe in a god?

I think it's key to let him know it's his choice to believe what he wants.
Also very tough for him to avoid criticism or ridicule from other children, if he expresses a non-belief at a young age. Difficult situation for sure.

I would personally just tell him/her what you believe and why and leave him with the choice. if he/she is old enough to ask an honest question I think its only right you give him your honest answer. remember a lie has to last forever. this is not advice and obviously, your choice to make. the truth will come out in the end. its what I did with the 2 boys I brought up and they are both none believers but I never told them what to be.

I would first be concerned about what type of school my child is attending that is teaching theological classes to 7 year olds. Then I would tell them that Jesus and the bible are myths from stone age racists and is a dangerous and objectively "evil" book.

I would be screaming at the school personnel for teaching my child about Jesus

I always used the truth with my children on this issue. Mom believes this however, I do not and no one knows for certain. Both my children were baptised catholic and I proudly state they are not religious. Maybe my truth enlightened them

EMC2 Level 8 Feb 19, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26240
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.