Agnostic.com

28 6

Is it just me, or does it seem like the more religious someone is, the more they seem to fear death? Doesn't it seem counterintuitive that people who believe they are heading to a carefree afterlife of eternal bliss would be afraid of that? I kind of suspect that many people try to alleviate their fear by turning to religion.

JimG 8 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel that death is just next step to our life We are here to learn something . Infeel that our sole life again will come back into a nother body and start We all are born and we all will die there is no thing we can about it

I find that someone's religiosity is directly correlated with their fears, chief of which is the fear of death.

I think one reason is because, deep down, they are afraid they were not "good" enough to go to Heaven.

marga Level 7 Feb 19, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26285
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.