Agnostic.com

9 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What does anyone expect?

Of course.

Similar to how moveon.org coordinates ads with Democrats.

I'm not saying you're wrong because I've never really read anything on it, but can you give us at least one cite that shows that Democratic campaigns actively coordinate with MoveOn.org on ads?

@Piece2YourPuzzle Years ago, I did work for a major national TV commercial distribution company and during election time moveon.org was one of our biggest customers. They contribute money to "progressive" candidates and timed their commercials accordingly.

@sfvpool Well I know that they support certain candidates and even donate to them and create and pay for ads to show that, but do they conspire with those candidates pertaining to said ads? That's the issue, and not contributing money. I'm sure they probably do, but can it be proven?

@Piece2YourPuzzle I don't know if it can be proven. I really don't care either way. I was just pointing out what I witnessed, which was a 'similarity' between what moveon.org did and what the NRA is accused of doing.

@sfvpool ...but that's the thing. It would appear it's not the same thing. It's your interpretation. Am I wrong, or do you have evidence that MoveOn.org coordinated with Democrat politicians? I don't even like the Democrats, but I'm trying to understand where you're coming from. Is it just your intuition?

@Piece2YourPuzzle If seeing with my own eyes is evidence, which I think it is, then, yes. But can I prove it now? No. It was too many years ago and at the time, like now, I really didn't care. I realize that you have no reason to believe me, especially since you don't know me, and I won't ask you to do so.

That isn't any surprise but was it legal to do so?

No. From the article:
Campaign finance laws bar outside groups from sharing any election-related information—including advertising strategy—with the candidates they support.

Just think. If tRump gets away with declaring a national emergency, maybe a future liberal president will use the precedent to justify a national emergency and confiscate all guns. /snark (I'm anti-gun myself)

Love it!!!!!

Did it show that Republican political candidates coordinated with the NRA or that 3rd parties coordinated with Republican political candidates and the NRA separately? Shady nonetheless, but I'm genuinely asking.

And what gets done about it? Nothing

Hope NRA goes down - are they financially hurting?

The NRA lines their pockets with lots of green cabbage..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:263376
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.