Agnostic.com

22 2

How do you deal with a relationship where someone believes in conspiracy, gods, aliens, racism, etc?

RobFlorida 4 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Put as much distance between me and them as possible. These are people who have abandoned rationality, and there's no way to communicate with them without at some point triggering them. It's safer to avoid it altogether.

I just recently started back into the internet dating scene after my fiance died last fall. I met a guy who was fantastic,,money, house, job, wine, fireplace, sex...fantastic. Until on the 3rd date we got into more in depth conversation over his son going to Yale and that college turned him gay, he was very racist, hated that the boy scouts were accepting girls, and furious that there were whole scout troops made up of boys from other countries who came here, disgusted by the story of Rosa Parks on the bus, far right Christian who claimed to have documentation to prove all of his insanity. I left pretty quickly after the 3rd meeting. And when I got home , had to send him an email stating that though he had many wonderful qualities( may I say he was a God in bed) that I was unable to have a relationship with him because of our extreme differences in outlook of political and social issues....Sad.

The only thing I could agree with that guy on is girls joining the Boy Scouts. They were separate coz the sexes are separate. As for scouts from other countries and they came here, etc. live with that. America is a melting pot. We all came from somewhere.

I ask: "Do you really want to live like that, with enemies at the gate...or do you want to be free?"

Simple either accept them baggage and all or dump them...

I don't, I just leave.

Walk away. With a quickness.

Don't engage in conversation with these people (I wouldn't be able to spend my life with these people)

always use the chart

Not Tiffanies..., how did I get into that zone? Lol.

Get away as soon as possible. It's not going to be good.

Leave...walk away..,run as fast as I can in the opposite direction.

I don't.

a good pair of high topped running shoes

I left it.

your ability at sex has to be met with oh god oh god

I have a limited conspiracy mindset. I mean, conspiracy is always possible but facts can clear up the air. As for gods it's just impossible. Aliens seem the same way. No evidence for either of them and also no evidence for the supernatural in general. As a younger man I was a scary movie fan. Today I view them as comedy. Racism is the pits. As a younger man I tolerated it some and many of us made jokes. Today after a 12 year marriage to a black woman many have tried to convince me to "hate her." Why would I do that? These people are simply racists and white supremacists. I work in a small town with a bunch of them. Some are so dumb that they cannot see how they are and would deny what I have written here about them. It's easy to see that I have few real friends. As for a romantic relationship with a believer, it would go fine unless they become convinced that they have to "save my soul from hell." Another thing to watch for with Evangelicals is the goddamned preacher. In some cases he will start talking to your woman to convince her that both of you are "unequally yoked." Well, he's only "doing god's will." WTF?

I believe the assassination of the president was a conspiracy. So all "conspiracy theories" are not nonsense. Nevertheless, hanging Mrs. Surrat and Dr. Mudd should not have happened...they were likely innocent.

I dom not have those relationships. Too old, too skeptical, too outspoken.

Dump and run... But I wouldn't have gone out with them in the first place.

I can't do it. Ignorant conversation is very annoying. It's like someone trying to convince me Jack really went up the beanstalk and stole God's goose.

Won't bother me much. I already got experience.

Conspiracy is ok by me... if we can have logical conversation about it without our tin foil hats. Everything else... well they're not for me, so I'd end the relationship.

As long as it's platonic, just keep them at a distance and learn from them. Knowledge is always good, even if the facts are wrong, since it allows you some insight on the person, and the world. Learn why both your beliefs differ, and if they're neurotic and attempt to push their beliefs on you then you should probably not keep up with that relationship.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26394
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.