Agnostic.com

11 2

Which leg do you put in first when putting on pants?

• 13 votes
  • 19 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 2 votes
joeymf86 8 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why do you ask?

Carin Level 8 Jan 13, 2019

It was just a random question that popped into my head one day, so I thought it would make a fun poll.

Middle leg first, then transfer weight to that foot and do the outside legs at the same time as each other.

I'm right handed but left legged. I go up and down the stairs with my left leg first. I kick a soccer ball with my left foot/leg. I jump hurdles with my left leg first, and same with high jump. So, yeah I put my pants on left leg first.

Interesting. I'm right handed. Put on pants with right leg first and kick soccer ball with right foot/leg. However, I jump (long jump, basketball lay up) with my left leg.

It depends. 50% Left and 50% Right.

I am kind of ambidextrous. I do some things lefty and some things righty, and some things with either hand. I write lefty, throw righty, and put my pants on left leg first. I have no idea what that means.

With reference to an earlier post on the differences between American and UK English I'm assuming you mean trousers (Your pants) as opposed to underwear (Our pants)

I think it's the right 🙂

Yes, for UK members I mean trousers, but I think either clothing would work for this question.

Except in Lancashire pants are kecks and undies are knickers...I would call trousers pants. There again we have our dinner in the proper part of the day (the middle) and tea at tea time

@Amisja I'm really a displaced Londoner so trousers are strides and pants are kacks. It's a wonder any of us can have a conversation lol 🙂

@ipdg77 Where are you from?

@Amisja What now? I live on the Isle of Wight. Born in Wiltshire, moved to London when I was a year old (1961), moved to the Island in 2008 🙂

@ipdg77 Nice, I was born in East Lancs, went round the world (twice in distance, once in actuality) came back to East Lancs. I will probably move to SW Scotland eventually.

@Amisja I have friends who live in North Ayrshire, lovely part of the world but the midges!!!!!

@ipdg77 Yep lavender oil helps but the buggers'll eat you alive. They love me too

I sit on the bed, put both legs in the pants and pull them up.

MoniB Level 6 Jan 12, 2019

Exactly how I do it ??????

this!

Same as me

I am so weird, I get everything on to my middle sat down, then put my make up on then pull down my top then pull up my undies and jeans. Tops first of course. I will have already got my shoes or boots on, so its coat on and go. So probably both legs together.

@creative51 der...outside, I'm a superhero!

Maybe left handed people do the left leg and right handed do the right leg...

I'm right handed but have always put my left leg in the pants first. Hmmm wonder if my left side is trying to be dominate.

@maturin1919 I'm left handed but do my left leg first so that theory is smooshed.

@maturin1919 And, of course, you can be right handed but left brained...

pants? not for me!

g

Pants! We don't need no stinking pants!

@Beowulfsfriend oh especially not if they're stinkin'!

g

Interestingly enough, I read this just 60 seconds after getting dressed....so I didn't have to think about it as I had just done it! LOL

So which is first for you? Concerned people need to know....LOL

@Redheadedgammy I voted for Left Leg first!

@creative51

LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:264082
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.