Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Secretary Of State Pompeo Promotes Bible, ‘Evangelical Christian’ Identity In Cairo Speech | Michael Stone

In my office, I keep a Bible open on my desk to remind me of God and His Word, and The Truth.

Commenting on the capitalization in the phrase “to remind me of God and His Word, and The Truth” The New Yorker notes:

The State Department transcript provided this capitalization.

Reporting on Pompeo’s Cairo speech, The Guardian notes:

In his visit to Egypt, he (Pompeo) came across as much as a preacher as a diplomat. He talked about “America’s innate goodness” and marveled at a newly built cathedral as “a stunning testament to the Lord’s hand”.

HURL!

HippieChick58 9 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From the moment I first saw him I just didn’t like him. Now I know why.

It's scary to see a powerful politician driven by prophecies in the Bible. His objective in the Middle East can only be guided by the wish to support Israel's dominion in Palestine and set up the third temple on the Temple Mount to usher in the prophesied kingdom of God.

Pompeo the pompous pugnacious ass spewing his religious bullshit.

What proof does he have that the bible speaks the truth and in whose words?

Pompeo's comments and actions are getting closer and closer to the realm of treason. Someone needs to remind him that as of now, at least, we still have separation of church and state.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:264455
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.