Agnostic.com

39 7

Kids

Who has kids? Grandkids?
Still at home? Grown and gone?

Crimson67 8 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have no children.

JK666 Level 7 Feb 22, 2018

I have two daughters aged 14 and 11, they live with their mum since we separated, I see the younger one very regularly but there are contact issues with the eldest due to my ex's influence. I wouldn't normally post a photo as they are too young but a colleague of mine painted this from photos and I think it's really cool.

No, none, nope.......uffffff

everyone says I still am one, does that count?

My son is 19 years old forever and always on my mind.

❤ @AMGT

One adult son - he moved out almost 6 years ago
No grandkids - he says he doesn't want kids, so probably going to stay that way

I have a daughter living in Liverpool, 50 this year a son living in newcastle upon tyne 49 this year, and five grandchildren four girls and a boy I think the oldest is 21.
Seriously long time grown and gone

I have 4. Oldest is 26 and lives/works in KC. 2 of 4 is 21 and lives/works in CT. 3 of 4 is 19 and goes to college in VT. 4 of 4 is 14 and is with me appx. 90% of the time. So not an empty nester yet, but getting closer to that time. No grandkids yet. I have a busy house during the various holidays!

Ohub Level 7 Feb 20, 2018

Here they are. I started late. Pretty much them, and to a lesser degree, my work, is my only purpose in life at this point.

You didn't started late... you took your time to make it right.

@GipsyOfNewSpain that's a better way to look at it

Never had kids . At 50 , I don't think I ever will , unless I adopt . . ?

Dougy Level 7 Feb 20, 2018

I have 2 sons by another father and one of them has two little children.

A son who shuns me because of religion and a daughter who is a junior at university. She makes up for him.

gearl Level 8 Feb 20, 2018

I have sole custody of my 14-year-old son.

I have two: a 20YO daughter about to go back after a two quarter hiatus from college, and a 17YO about to start college this fall.

Zster Level 8 Feb 19, 2018

I have a 24 year old son who lives in another state, a 20 year old daughter who is attending our local community college while she decides what to do with her life (she lives with me) and a 17 year old daughter who is a junior in high school and lives 50% with me and 50% with her dad. No grand kids yet.

grown and gone - of course, split household, I only had them every other weekend since 1999, worked out Ok, older daughter is a civil engineer, 2 years out of Ga Tech 🙂 Son is about 2-3 courses away from his bachelor's in biology (taking his time with it)

My kids are older than most people's kids my age. I started early so I made it to great gramma by the time I was 59.

This be them.

As an old guy, have 6 kids, 14 grand kids, and 2 great grand kids this past summer. And after they left, none of the kids came back. (Yet). Some of our grand kids have stayed around their parents for a while. But they are all out on their own now. Five of our kids are in Oregon, and one daughter in Atlanta, Georgia.

Kids: an untapped food source.

What? Why are you all looking at me that way? (Shit! Did I say that out loud about being a food source? Dang it!)

Okay, now that's done. I don't have kids. I have avoided having them all my life. I have too many issues that I'm still working through, not enough income, and they (the responsibility of turning them into good humans) scare me. I'm not good enough to be a parent. Never have thought I was. Too poor, too broken, too self-centered in my brokenness, too... whatever to be any good. And certainly not good enough to deserve that unconditional love that your child gives you. What if I betrayed that? Failed it? I couldn't live with myself if I did that.

Wow... I've never said that to anyone. Not even myself. Now I've admitted it to a room full of strangers. There is a friend that I have that has done this to me lol. Made me open up about myself. I owe that friend a beer for this. It's the least I can do... therapy isn't cheap, and apparently they're just doing it because they like me for some reason.

I envy you folks your kids. Go tell them you love them. Me... I think I'm gonna go cry for a bit. Thanks, all, for being my friends.

I suspect the reasons you aren't a parent run through everyone's mind when they become a parent. ((((Dude)))))<<<< cyber hugs.

Firstly, I know many people who've had kids that are low income or single parents (not ideal)and those kids have grown to be wonderful human beings - in fact some that are brought up with rich parents can be self centred spoilt brats.
Don't you think people are selfish i having children in the first place? Just look around, have a look at the idiots, racists, bigots and religious fanatics that have them and their kids.
So please don't think you're not good enough, your actions by not having them proves that.
don't be envious - the grass is always greener - go buy your friends a beer, take them for a meal, tell your friends you love them and be happy you haven't got children -

@Ride_Captain lol! Yeahhh, suddenly I'm turning into some kind of emotional exhibitionist. Sorry about that.

I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself. Have you thought of volunteering teaching kids something? It might be a good outlet for that parenting urge .

Thanks for the raw honesty. That alone shows you are a good person. At least in my book.

@Blindbird when I lived in Floriduh I did as much 18th century British Royal Navy and 15th century medieval reenactor as I could and I loved talking to kids about that stuff. It's tough keeping up with their changing focus of attention, but it's also gratifying when they learn something that they find interesting. I miss doing it!

I have two grown kids living in the US. My son is in LA and my daughter has an art gallery in Lexington, KY.

4 grown and gone. One at home, my 16 year old daughter. 5 grand kids..

Nieces and Nephews. They are like my own.

We have 3: a daughter 48 who has given me two fine grandsons, a son 43 with a cognitive disability and a job with benefits who lives with us yet, and a son 40 with one son. Being a dad has been great; being a granddad is AWESOME!

Son, 15, daughters 11. All at home. Am I in trouble!

A teenage son and a pre-teen daughter. Yup, me thinks so.. lol

Do you have twin teen daughters? Because oh gees! Even if it's 1 boy and 1 girl those ages.... Good luck!

2 preteen daughters. @balou

Yes, twins, but preteens for now. @RavenCT

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26496
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.