Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK The Death Logic behind Trumpism: Even nuclear winter would be worth it to own the libs - Los Angeles Times

"Most people discussing the clock on Facebook were, to say the least, concerned. The topic wasn’t politics but fear; doom isn’t partisan. But one commenter who repped MAGA consoled himself with his own calculus. “Better nuclear winter than more letters in LGBTQ,” he wrote.

Suddenly, the whole internet seemed to hold its breath. “I hope it’s all you dreamed,” I typed in a fury.

I signed off Facebook then, and, soon after, I signed off it for good.

Since that exchange, I’ve made mental reference many times to the terrifying aphorism of that Facebooker. It was, looking back, scarier than the Doomsday Clock ticking away.

His words laid bare the Death Logic that suffuses the philosophy of Trump and his supporters. The idea is that even the annihilation of humankind is worth it if it owns the libs."

HippieChick58 9 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have no words.....

Trumpism is truly a cult. He has no supporters, these people are genuine followers. Supporters could at some point end their support but followers will follow to the end. I don't know how serious people in general are taking this but in my estimation it is potentially the most dangerous situation we've been in. He has snubbed all norms and the constitution but continues to receive adoration from republicans elected to serve us. The senate is certainly serving him not their constituents. No guts, no backbone, no intellect to stand up against this guy who is nothing but a loser who keeps trying to convince himself he is more. Putin sure called it, Trump is the best mark he could have chosen.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:265234
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.