Agnostic.com

10 8

LINK Trump’s latest judicial nominee says rape victims are partly responsible if they have been drinking | The Independent

It is amazing how consrvatives will place the blame for rape on virtually anyone but the rapist who is wholly responsible for their own actions in every case.

snytiger6 9 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People with that kind of attitude should not never ever be on the judicial benches.

That frigging IDIOT shouldn't be allowed to judge anything, even a Dog Show.

I can't say I have an opinion on this subject, I haven't had drinks and gone home with a woman for sex in many years, these days we are both eager, nobody has to convince anyone. Especially with alcohol.

I cannot figure it out...no matter how drunk I got, no woman ever crawled on top of me to have sex. I guess I will have to change tactics. 🙂

if they're getting drunk then they're OBVIOUSLY asking for "it" ... right?

Wrong

@Cutiebeauty and what is a tfb supposed to be? why do people just make up acronyms??

@kauva trust fund baby

@Cutiebeauty were you just looking for ill will or what?

@kauva "BTC"

@kauva what ill will are you talking about?

@Cutiebeauty I come from poverty. Being a tfb around my haunts would result in ill will.

@kauva sounds like a personal problem to me...

@kauva and what is "gs " supposed to mean? Did you make that up? Lol

@Cutiebeauty no idea. I was high when I typed that.

Women, stay 100% sober so you can evade those blind-drunk frat boys!

iti s not up to women to avoid being raped. it is up to men to avoid raping.

g

@genessa that was sarcasm, sweetie, pointing out the double standard.......

@AnneWimsey i was confirming 🙂)

g

the last i heard was that prohibition had been repealed. therefore there is no punishment for drinking alcohol -- not even the punishment of being raped.

g

I think this is a interesting topic. If I drink and have regrettable sex it's my mistake. If a lady has too many and consents(not passed out) at the time it is legally rape if she regrets it the next day. Seems like an odd double standard. Personally I don't have sex with women for the first time if they've been drinking yo avoid this but that's a reaction to a legal issue and not so much for anything else.

"If a lady has too many and consents(not passed out) at the time it is legally rape if she regrets it the next day." this is most certainly not true! this is in fact what some men THINK, or pretend to think, when a woman cries rape. it is not legally true and it's not true on a practical level either. i believe the technical term for this theory is "bullshit."

g

@genessa sure whatever you say. I've witnessed otherwise.

@Biosteelman if that were true -- and i am wondering if that is some kind of confession -- it would still be a small sample, of no statistical value. actual stats say otherwise.

g

@genessa yes anecdotal evidence argument. I give you that. Doesn't matter because I choose to operate on the side of discretion. But please accuse me of rape again it only validates my point.

That bull crap.... Put the shoe on the other foot... If a man has too much, aint nothing happening, but a woman, she's vulnerable.. It's difficult enough to fight off a man while women are sober, much worse when drinking...

@Cutiebeauty Not true. Men can still be erect while drunk or even unconscious. I'm sorry you or other women had to fight off men. Those men should be severely punished.
I'm talking about two adults who engage each other but it is deemed by a court that one party was too drunk to have given consent (not unconscious). The accused has little to no leg to stand on.
Hence I don't have sex with women for the first time when they're drinking. The law is actually fuzzy on when you're too drunk to give consent as a women.

@Biosteelman i didn't accuse you of rape. if you chose to take it that way, i suggest you examine the fit of that particular shoe.

g

@genessa "some kind of confession" sure you didn't.

@KissedbySun what I'm saying is if a man gets drunk, he doesn't have to worry about getting raped...

@KissedbySun OK... You're citing exceptions to the rule here....

@Cutiebeauty There is no rule on rape except don't do it.

@Cutiebeauty I worked for Rape Crisis. Men get raped. It's a fact.

@Cutiebeauty Bullshit. Men get raped too. And it's unfounded and uneducated beliefs like that that are the reason men aren't believed when they are sexually abused. Do women get raped more than men? Yes. Undoubtedly. But it does happen and it usually goes unreported for the same reason that most women don't report it either. And to be clear, yes, women rape men too. Just not as often as men rape women. And for anyone else who doesn't get it, rape happens to every demographic regardless of sex or sexual orientation. Any unwanted sexual experience by either force or coercion or lack of consent is rape. And that applies to inside or outside of committed relationships too. How is this the 21st century and there are people who still don't get this?!?

@RavenCT yes... I know that...

Every person who makes a statement like that should have to experience the scenario in the exact manner they use to excuse it.

Well said

@Antidronefreeman Again, the condition of hte victim shoudl not matter. The person who commits the rape is wholly responsible for their own actions If a victim i snto sober, it shoudl nto detract from teh responsibility of the rapist(s) for their actions.

@snytiger6 absolutely

@Antidronefreeman how many obstacles must a woman navigate to avoid rapists? Don't wear sexy clothes
Don't drink
Don't go out at night
Don't jog in the park
Don't walk past a dark alley
Don't leave the house...

Seriously?
When is the rapist blamed?

@Antidronefreeman Why should the victim be blamed for someone who cannot control their urges, or have the sense to know better?

@Antidronefreeman Rape is not a "pleasure". The ONLY one responsible is the racist.

@Antidronefreeman Women should be able to do the same things their maile counterparts do without being concerned it's going to end up in rrape. Don't you think?

Seems like a two way street to me.

If you can have a couple - shouldn't I be able to have the same couple of drinks and not get raped? At the same time of night in the same neighborhood?

I think so anyway.

No I don't engage in risky behavior - my conditioning says otherwise. But trust me - you don't need any risky behavior to get raped.

Let's get him drunk then kill him. I'll be his fault.

Well no not exactly his fault but come on, he isn't entirely innocent. I mean he wasn't force fed and he chose to walk down the dark alley with a mad axe man...I'd say that at least mitigates the axe man's responsibility 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:266467
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.