Agnostic.com

5 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope this decision sticks.

Such a question would be counterproductive. People would not fill out the form and we would not get an accurate counting. That could hurt citizens as well as non-citizens.

Census is a counting of our people in our country. Declaring your citizenship is not a requirement for anything census taking is about but it might give them a list of people to go after or check out more closely. In other words, adding the citizenship question stirs the census in a totally different direction. It's almost like entrapment.

Yes, I heard... And now Trump is crying about it

Why is "so imperative" that such question be removed?

"Furman found that the decision by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross to add the citizenship question to the 2020 census was "unlawful" because of "a veritable smorgasbord of classic, clear-cut" violations of the Administrative Procedure Act, including cherry-picking evidence to support his choice. Ross oversees the Census Bureau."

It is imperative because the census if used to determine political district maps, allocation of resources, etc. If people either don't complete or complete inaccurate information because they are afraid to declare they or sometime in their household is not a citizen, the information being collected is wrong.

@GwenC Well, the information will always be wrong because people who are not US Citizens may be taken as such..Anyway, no to be an USA Citizen doesn't mean a person is illegally in the country since he / she can be a Resident Alien. Now you know why I asked. Sarcasm is one of my fortes.

@HippieChick58 Sure....LOL

@HippieChick58 Omitting that question was only because of an ignorant liberal judge because it should have been included.

@Trajan61 People are so ignorant that believe if they mark "No USA Citizen" immigration would go and get them. Are they aware of the millions of Resident Aliens in the nation? Excepting the right to vote -in all elections- they are as legal as any born / naturalized USA Citizen.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:266548
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.