Agnostic.com

9 1

Are You a Baby Boomer Still Working?

I am. I don't see retirement for another ten years yet.

LilAtheistLady 7 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m 63 now and hoping to retire in 2 1/2 years. Fortunate that I have a fairly decent pension from state employment and a little in a TIAA account. It will be lean, but I’m anxious to get started on a new phase in which I stay active and true to my values.

67 and still working part time, some of it is to stay busy and some to keep my house going. Husbands illness wiped out savings, but wouldn't have it any other way. Surviving is sometimes harder.

Retired from nursing....yeah!!!!. Polirical activist much more fun....

As the saying goes, I will be retiring on the morning of my funeral. Ha.

Can't imagine retiring. ever.

60 in 6 months, 2 short days a week, and reducing to one part day a week soon. That said I have left the workforce numerous times over he years believing I had enough to keep me going for the rest of my life. My belief was in error.

Had to go on SSDI when I was 59, now , 67, on regular SS and small union pension.

I'm 61 and have been retired from the Postal Service for a while. Never much liked working.

Yup - but only occasional part-time, and only because I love what I'm doing. I'm free of the need to have to work though - which is very, very nice, I'll admit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26675
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.