Agnostic.com

58 10

Can you fall in love with someone who you've never met in person?

Speaking to someone virtually and never meeting them first... is it possible to fall in love? What do you think?

silvereyes 8 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (51 - 58)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, it's hard to fall in love at all, instead of lust and infatuation. I'd say "Yes" but there are going to just as many miss starts as real life, but you might just have a lot more invested when or if it goes south!

Sure you can its been proven

There are plot points in novels that are this very thing.

No

No, Love is more personal than long distance communication. To really know someone's heart you have to spend time with them.

i see people fall in love with celebrities all the time

Myself, I see that there is that possibility, yet I highly doubt that one could truely fall in Romantic love with someone without ever meeting. I find it easy to Care for just about anyone, as I'm somewhat empathic, and a true nurturer; but I see romantic love as different.

As some have said or indicated before me; if you are falling for someone on the other end of an electronic medium, then you are falling for the persona that is represented. Not necessarily any real person. I'm sure that there are some close cases, but I would be willing to bet those are exceptions in which all possible variables worked out and involved absolute honesty from both parties.

I think you could; the big question for me would be it's quality.

godef Level 7 Feb 20, 2018

Yes I have in fact done that myself

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26677
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.