Agnostic.com

3 12

Today's snowy hike: Hairy woodpecker and Mt. Stuart.

Today with Karen and Nick (whom I'm dating) and I hiked in snow with micro-spikes for five miles, above Tronsen Meadows near Blewett Pass, WA. Deep snow was pretty much packed down. We broke through up to our thighs in places. Next time we will use snowshoes.

We had a wonderful time! We came upon a Hairy Woodpecker drilling for insects at eye level. What a treat! Zooming in, I got this photo. Then Karen slowly crept toward the woodpecker. When she reached the woodpecker, it flew away bouncing in the air.

During lunch, Mt. Stewart was lit by the sun. Descending, hoarfrost and ice in the creek were gorgeous.

Snow sparkled as the sun got low. A marvelous day!

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for posting

Love the photos! Thanks for sharing.

@GreatNani

Thank you!

@LiterateHiker love the woodpecker!

You can see the crystals on the snow! Beautiful job...what a great way to start 2019...thanks for sharing!

@thinktwice

Thank you, dear!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:266772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.