Agnostic.com

24 7

I just joined last night so I'm getting the feel for the site. Does everyone like it? I was on Plenty of Fish years ago and met a few people (some of which I'm still friends with). Anyway, is this a cool site with cool people?

Jennyinfenton 3 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Although this site advertises itself as a dating site, it is more of a social networking platform for Nonbelievers. I like that because it fosters more community/communication than just dating, so folks get to know one another by asking questions, liking, commenting, etc., and can message privately "behind the scenes" to dialog 1:1 if they want. So if you're just looking "for community," you have found it. =]

I don't like to call this a dating site. It's more like an ongoing party full of cool people. I am strictly heterosexual, but I've met a lot of guys here that I would be happy to have a beer with. some are homo, some are hetero. I don't care which are which.....I'd be happy to hang out with nearly any of them. The ladies I've met here are awesome. Some are hot, some are not, but so far, all that I have posted with, or replied to or messaged with are cool, even the Christians. The Christians I have met here aren't the standard "JOIN ME OR BURN IN HELL!" type. They seem to be more of the You do your thing, I'll do my thing, and if I don't understand something, I'll ask. The posts I see here all seem to be friendly, even if two people don't agree. That being said, Welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy it.

You are a bit more tolerable to Christians then I am. On this site I have enraged by honestly answering his loaded question (with facts) at least one Christian.

I joined for community, not dating. Haven't regretted the decision. Lots of good people and good conversation.
Welcome to the asylum, enjoy your stay!

I came for dating and stayed for the memes.

I'm fairly new here as well. In my opinion, it's more of a general discussion site than dating. Which I'm fine with! But I wouldn't necessarily be on here just to date. People are from all over the US.

It's the coolest site with the coolest people.

This is my go to site on a daily basis to share and learn of other's experiences in the secular community. I am also a current POF member and have been for years.
Welcome to our community.

I'm pretty new here. So far it's been entertaining and informative. I'm open to dating...but the community is what keeps me here...I hope you have a good experience here!

This is a great site and the people are quality. However, it does not compare with pof. This is more of a skeptic community as opposed to a dating site...

Welcome to the zoo! I hope you enjoy the site. I'm quite happy with the community and I've made a few friends. The discussions are varied, some dealing with religious topics and others about virtually anything else. There are always those few who need to turn every discussion into a life-and-death debate, and those who insist on making trivial semantic arguments, and a couple who can't let the atheist-vs.-agnostic debate die. But that's the minority, and most people are pretty laid back and welcoming.

I've met a lot of awesome folks here, but have yet to have the chance to meet anyone in person.

Welcome!

Stick around and judge for yourself. I like it.

JimG Level 8 Feb 20, 2018

So far it is for me.

Of course we're cool people! There may be a few "bad apples" here, but I haven't run into any yet (and I'm not hoping to).

I hope so, I am enjoying it ,fairly new member too , I hope you like it

yes

Welcome to our little community, Jenny. You'll find a variety of different personalities and topic. Browse around and settle in, we're a cool bunch. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Feb 20, 2018

Hi Jenny, welcome to the cool site that as cool as a cool place in the middle of Antarctica.

You'll find good arguments and discussions here. Some decent banter, a few laughs and the odd post that will push your buttons and make you angry.

Personally, I'm cooler than a cool thing in the coolest freezer in Iceland - and so are many others here too. Only here for the community and conversation and to learn more about life beyond the UK.

Well Jenny, feel welcome. I'm active here now for two month and I like it a lot. This site is really an open site where everybody can present his or her opinion without fear to be hit down by bullies. The subjects are very diverse. Although it is sometimes presented as a dating site, it is not. Well, you can use it that way, but I think most of us are not that much interested, and If there appears to be some match. It's okay too, because you develop preferences for people. Some people are more interesting or close than others, but in general, I feel comfortable here. The fact if there are cool people here, depends on what you expect from "cool" people. I think based on my own standards, there are quite a lot of cool people here.
I promise you that if you are open for different opinions, there are a many posts on this site that can make you think about themes that I had hardly thought of before and some are of a different mind set which is also great for conversations. Enjoy your time here.

Gert Level 7 Feb 20, 2018

I just joined as well, you have to jump through some hoops before you can really search... and no emojis!

This is a great step up from Plenty of Fish. I gave up on that place years ago.
However, although advertised (on Facebook) as a dating site, I'm not sure that is it's core strength. There are a lot of really good minds on these pages with a very small sprinkling of trolls and those that demonstrate less then rational or well thought-out posts and/or responses but overall, I find this service considerably more engaging and tolerable then Facebook. My only fear is once it grows, advertising will become a major part of the experience.

I hope you find all you are looking for.

Great people, seriously, I mean that.
But less of a dating site, though contacting someone who is open to dating is fine.

I can't say if these people are cool (maybe generational word gap), but these are serious people with serious thoughts with sprinkles of a few crazy ones mixed in and that never hurt anybody before! So good luck and welcome!

I've only been hear a couple of weeks but it seems pretty good. Some very sensible conversations with a few twats but that's a good ratio really. Almost certainly won't date anyone from here simply because they're too far away. Welcome and enjoy 🙂

Yes, I love it. welcome

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26681
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.