Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Des Moines Register calls on Steve King to resign

The Des Moines Register, Iowa's leading newspaper, published an editorial Tuesday calling on Rep. Steve King to resign due to his racist comments published in The New York Times this week, when he questioned why the terms "white supremacist" and "white nationalist" were bad. King has previously drawn controversy for racist comments relating to immigrants and his support of far-right international leaders.

HippieChick58 9 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He should have been expelled from the position~~~~by the republicans long ago.

Can’t help but notice that as long as the republicans were in the majority, and their committee assignments actually meant something, they were OK with King’s racism. After all, they mostly agree with him. Now they are the minority, and committee assignments no longer matter to them, so now they are shocked, SHOCKED at the overt racism and are “taking a stand.” I call BS on them.

Where was the outage from his previous racist remarks?! He didn't just start being an azzhole a few months ago!

Well, the tides they are a changing, and those that were treading water have now decided it is time to move.

@HippieChick58 and that's a good thing! Time to stop saying "but (Hilary)" to everything and take action. I'm 54. The changes in both technology and society in my lifetime alone have changed drastically! So all this upheaval and strife is normal as society shifts it's moral compass. We need to keep the ball rolling. There's no place for such bigotry and hatred in our nation. That's not what our nation is about and never has been.

King, Pence, and Trump need to resign ASAP. The country will be better off.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:267218
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.