Agnostic.com

21 4

What is one material thing that you wouldn't want to live without?

I'm not much of a collector of things. I donate them or throw them away (depending on what) when I no longer need them. Not into buying a lot of stuff, but there are a few things I am a little attached to.

What luxury item would you have trouble doing without?

silvereyes 8 Nov 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't know if this counts - but I think the internet is pretty much indispensable. It has shaped our thoughts, opinions, and consciences through podcasts, videos, and forums like this one.

Plus, fact-checking has gotten a lot easier!

That's a great answer. At one time people had pen pals. I have made friends around the world.

I suppose my computer, though it's kind of a necessity — but I do use it for frivolous things like watching Netflix, so I guess it qualifies as a luxury item.

Toilet paper. 😉

Never use it at home. It is only for guests. Soap and water in the shower is much more sanitary.

A good cooking knife. I prefer my Damascus knife.

books

The question is hard to answer ... if a disaster would happen and i could only get one thing with me...it would probably get a crossword puzzle book or my Sandman graphic novels

Most of my stuff is second hand, i consider myself a minimalist, but what did i buy myself that could be considered luxury, but i will never regret buying, my semi-professionnal camera, you really need those kind of camera if you really want to be in control of your pictures, I did found used lens in a garage sale for 20$ (i used an adapter to make them fit)

I think an object that give you the opportunity to have a hobby or do something you love you could not do without this object, it's not luxury

i always felt that finding something used that i like in a garage sales far more rewarding , give me more joy, than buy brand new stuff ,
plus, it always comes with a story 🙂

He's the one on your picture ? the family dog? i do the same with my cat, she's my muse

My rice cooker.

SamL Level 7 Nov 2, 2017

Health, basic cognitive function, and family I don't consider material, so....I can't think of anything quite that important.

Since I taught kids with physical and mental disabilities, I used to tell people very often that they should be very happy that they have typical kids who do not have the same problems. Mental disabilities cause so much frustration for kids and makes their lives very difficult. Cognitive problems in anyone interferes with your quality of life.

I think after a good night's sleep, I can tackle just about any problem, so I'd have to vote for my comfortable bed.

My xbox!

Tejas Level 8 Nov 2, 2017

Great question. I'd have to say my iPhone because it's got a flashlight. No, I'm just pulling your leg. I've actually given away, trashed, or otherwise lost most of my possessions. The one thing I seem to depend on is a car (of some type). Without that one is nowhere. Currently I have a Ford Van so I can live or camp in the back of it.

Something to play music, iPod, Bose radio, whatever. Music.

At least pen and paper. But preferably computer.

Yeah. #OneOfTheGreatsOrDieTrying. Spread the word...

My phone. It is a very millenial response, I know.

I read this question to my wife. She said a fan is nice but i say toilet paper. I said you heard that from me awhile back!!! She said nope. This is my idea and answer. I remember I had told her about having enough toilet paper when going camping and or using the rest room in Vietnam and other countries. Yep, toilet paper is a good answer.

The fan on the side of my bed. Its so cool at night. Always had a fan. Love it.

Lube 😉

Definitely my phone, but only for my music!

I have to say the bicycle.

Wouldn't call it a luxury, just a need "my banjo". Do a little pickin everyday.

I spend a lot of time on my technology - Mac, iPad, iPhone, etc., it is probably the main reason the switch to atheism occurred because of finding like minded souls on Facebook. So technology including the internet is definitely something I wouldn't want to live without, but I could if I had to.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2677
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.