Agnostic.com

59 10

Weird?

So I went on a date with this guy and he told me that since by the age of 35 I had never been married and never had any kids that “people” would think there is something “wrong” with me. He was from the Deep South so I took that into account. Has anyone else ever been told that or does anyone agree with this thinking?

Susalou 4 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments (51 - 59)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm thin, late 30s, single..

I think it's weird, I have ever been told that, but I met my wife when I was twenty two...lol

Well, that's peculiar. Don't you think you should get busy fulfilling those expectations before it's too late?

Uh... That's odd in this day and age. But, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. Ultimately It's only yours that should matter to you. Period.

I don't agree with the "spinster" attitude as I believe it is just fine to wait and find the right person. That may take quite a while, and it may happen right away. The scary part? You can't KNOW that this is the right person until you live together and... stay the course through thick and thin.

I married at 30. I was able to live some life before tied to the institution. And now I'm once again free of the institution. ????

It's the kind of thing that shows up in women's magazines as a "Warning Sign" Here's a headline from a Huffpost article: "Red Flags: Is It A Bad Sign if Someone’s Never Been Married By Middle Age?"

She was on close to her 50's never married, no kids. Her boyfriend was her job. A pro dancer. I didn't judged her. We still friends and still annoy each other. She ain't weird or me a freak.

Honestly? I don't think there's anything wrong with you, but parenthood is such a profoundly transformative experience, I can't quite relate to people who never go through it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26835
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.