Agnostic.com

10 10

LINK Judge rules against elderly lesbians rejected from retirement home

Retirement home wouldn't allow married same sex couple to live in community because the bible doesn't approve of same sex marriage.

And the judge sided with retirement home. Sickening.

Alimacbean 7 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Friendship Village eh? Hypocritical rhetoric at its most virulent. I thought Jeez said something about Loving your fellows, someone being without sin and stone throwing, and the greatest of all is love (or was that Paul?). Either way, they don’t deserve a bit of enlightened thinking there. What if a LGBT social club refused access to Christians. Can you imagine the fuss?

Is it a private home that doesn't accept government money? Then they get to be bigots. Otherwise, they don't.

Most likely there not sexually active at that age. I don't see the problem. Lesbians need medical care just as much as straight females do. That judge must be homophobic with a passion.

Why to bring up sexual activity? Is it prohibited for heterosexual couples to have sex there? Only the resident priests are allowed to sodomize the visiting children?

Since when do we use what the bible says on anything as a point of law? Many elected officials want to do this but in reality none of our laws are based on a bible. At best, some bible stories pointed in certain directions. If we took this all literally we would be killing people.

Exactly

Christian version of sharia law is on the way as indicated in recent instances such as this and Alabama. Watch out America, Return of the Zombies is coming to a town near you!

People are so ass backward at times, even judges no correction, especially Judges

sounds like the laws need to be changed and the people who think this is unjust need to get this case moved up to the supreme court.

So absurd that an obsolete collection of ramblings plays such an important role for people to tell others how to live.

WTF..

I hope they appeal, and win.

Yup, it is sickening. Seems to be a matter of the judicial system/case law being slow to catch up with the times, but the article did offer hope that this will change with pending cases that could result in making this type of discrimination illegal at the federal level. The judge was at least consistent in following established case law (and I'm not defending him here and am not a legal expert in any sense).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:268796
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.