Agnostic.com

22 1

Where is the most beautiful place you have ever visited?

GalTraveller 3 Nov 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When you've being holding it in for an hour or more, the toilet seat is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen...the feeling doesn't last thought

LOL

Wow, this is a tough one, as at different times and for different reasons there have been many times of beauty I have experienced while traveling. I think overall I would have to say Phuket, Thailand, where the beaches are golden, the water is warm, you can get back into nature very easily and the people are very honest and welcoming. Obviously there is another side to Thailand, but the one that I experience for three years in a row was pretty magical.

wasn't the kings palace amazing . I stayed on Koh Lanta and visited PhiPhi. Loved everything except the 17 hour flight from shanghai to toronto almost killed me

So many amazing places described here! I have found my own Zen in the mountains and hills of the Highlands of Scotland and the western coast of Ireland, where sheep are the only company to be had for miles and the coastline is drenched in history. Also, I can easily lose all sense of time while snorkeling in the Caribbean.

An old growth forest in Oregon. I stepped on a huge fallen tree to get over it. It crumbled to dust under my feet. I was so overwhelmed by the enormity of life and death around me I cried.

Yosemite National Park

I went to Washington state this past summer. You can’t beat the fall weather up there in the summertime and the scenery is gorgeous!

For me the most beautiful place to be is in love <3. Or in a good dream and deep meditation. Otherwise I do love the Caribbean a lot, and Florence, Cambridge England...I have been to some spectacular mountains too but never felt a deep connection with them. I think I'm more an ocean person 🙂

Hoover Dam. I know most people associate beauty with nature, but I am always more in awe of humanity's capacity to invent the science needed to build the things we imagine. Hoover Dam was a last minute side trip while in Vegas, and bam...hit me like a ton of bricks. Amazing.

I am an engineer, so I completely agree. Hoover Dam is a thing of beauty!

The south coast of NSW, Australia.

vila do bispo algarve portugal. My friend's been living there for 20 odd years and has his own private beach on the atlantic . he lives in a shack in the national park doing the subsistence market garden . What a life. Next would be the king's palace in Bangkok. Kicks the vatican right where it hurts.and finally clovelly in devon england

Probably Silver Falls State Park in Oregon. It is located near Silverton, about 40 miles East of Salem. Unfortunately, it is also usually pretty crowded. It is best to go on weekdays whiel schools are in session to avoid crowds. The trails are well maintained and even paved part of the way around the loops where you can see 8 waterfalls on the shorter loop or 13 on the longer loops. Curing the winter you may encounter snow and/or ice on the trails. During the winter you need shoes with good treads. The rest of the year you can get by with comfortable walking shoes. The short loop is about a thrre and a half hour walk, while the longer loop can take a little more than six hours (both estimates take into account some time to stop and look. I recommend you start from the South Falls parking area.

Most Oregon State Parks require a parking fee. If you plan to visit six more more Oregon state parks, you may want te purchase an annual parking pass, which you can get at the ranger stations.

Hard to pick, but my favorites seem to be in the mountains--real mountains, not these Louisiana hills they call mountaind. Paradise Ridge hiking tail on the south face of Mt Raineer is possibly it, but Stubai Tal ski resort in the Austrian Alps equalled it in natural beauty and had the added charm of old European architecture, chalets nestled in among the peaks.

north central Africa

The view from the summit of The Mont Blanc... I climbed it years ago with a guide

I was dropped off hitching in the 70's at the junction leading to france . Way cool

The most beautiful place I have visited is the "Tully Falls Gorge", It is a huge gorge about 3 kilometres or 2 miles across, completely circular with the narrowest slit of an exit and with a huge waterfall dropping at least 1000 feet or 300 metres into the bottom and swirling around. The resulting mists create a full circle rainbow.

I found the most beautiful place deep within me.

Guam

Just about anyplace in Alaska!

There is a virgin forest in West Virginia. Towering flowering trees and the air smelled so good. I'll have to look up the name but it just felt so good there. It was more than beautiful, it was otherworldly. All I could think of was why would anyone cut down virgin forest? What motiva

There are two notable old-growth stands in WV. One is 90-ac left uncut due to a surveyor's error (doncha love that?) many years ago on Shaver's Mountain near Durbin (now Gaudineer Scenic Area). And then there's Cathedral State Park near Aurora, WV. I've walked the trails in both and they are impressive. My favorite is the Gaudineer forest.

@mtnhome I looked it up. It is Cathedral State Park. It has been over 20 years since I was there. If I ever get to that region again I have it on my bucket list

I've been fortunate enough to see quite a few beautiful sites - the Matterhorn, Mont Blanc, and Kilimanjaro all chased the clouds away so that I could have a peek. But the place that inspired the most reverence for me was a section of the Black Forest along the autobahn in Germany. We stopped the car and wandered about a half-mile into the forest. The noise from the highway was almost completely muffled, the lowest branches of the firs were 10 meters off the ground, and the only things on the forest floor were needles from the trees. The sun was piercing rays through the trees, with sunbeams like spotlight illuminating the forest floor. It was almost like a beautifully prepared stage set. That's still one of my favorite happy places. I hope to get back one day.

I had seen many beautiful Beaches. I was a sailor for 20 years. Cities that take your breath away with beauty. On the way to the Black Sea... The city of Istanbul has a palace with a roof made of gold... Seen from the sea it was something else. But the simple snow on the Norway fjords. after 5:00 AM people in houses starting to light up their rooms. Snow was sparkling under the full moon. Surround by Nature's Beauty were Mankind made their habitat. It was Magic. I was an adult first time I saw snow. Was like a Living Christmas Card. Nothing Like it. Anything man made Nature will Topple. Not god... Nature.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2689
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.