Agnostic.com

17 4

LINK Men with beards are more attractive, scientists claim - Manchester Evening News

My friend Andrew shared this on his Facebook, and I agree 100%!

SleeplessInTexas 8 Jan 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I heard a woman say that kissing a man without a mustache is like eating an egg without salt. Others may disagree. I used-to say on my conventional-dating-site profile, "Beard-a-phobes need not apply."

Here is my wild animal. This is the longest I ever had it. Used to think I couldn't grow a long one because it always stalled out and I'd end up shaving. Last time it stalled, I said fuck it and let it go. After about 3 or 4 months of no growth, it started growing again.

@TheMiddleWay All my coworkers call me some sort of Amish name, lol, this week I was Jebediah. It works cause I grew up in and around Amish country.

@TheMiddleWay But you do get it caught in your jacket zipper ? takes some adjusting.. I say go for it, who says being Amish is just for the Amish?

I have always agreed -- as long as the beard is kept groomed. Some look like bird's nests and one can determine what the owner ate for the last few meals just from casual observation. I'll pass on those.

Did I mention I have a lovely beard?

you do.

If the beard is long it better have a nice lingering scent of conditioner in its soft, twirling curls. "ya gota maintain those things. If one has a hansom face a beard is something one might not want to cover up. If the face is asymmetrical making it less attractive, then a beard can be an acoutrement.

Wait a minute, "asymmetrical" is not always unattractive! Yes, I am triggered, as I have always hated my chin, which is not symmetrical 🙂

@John-Paul Science has found that symmetrical & certain facial ratios are subconsciously more attractive to most people. I and others on agnostic are not most people.

I miss my beard sometimes, but everyone said I looked "so much younger" after shaving it off for a play.

I never like mine when it gets much past the scruffy stage, too many shades of gray. I know I should own it, but my hair has yet to turn, so why have my chin give away my age?

@John-Paul own it! I can only speak for myself, but I am MORE sexually attracted to men with salt and pepper hair and beard colour than with men without.

@SleeplessInTexas I could understand that for those who dye and try and hide it, but if it has not happened yet - to the hair on the head - should I now dye parts gray?

@John-Paul Just be you. You're a great-looking man the way you are.

Because women like a salt & pepper beard.

It’s true

You don't say.

You know you want it baby -

Yes I do. but not in my soup.

Damn. I'm nearing 50 and still can't grow a proper beard. Sigh.

Well then grow an improper one.

fuck yes

Lovely dog. No beard though!

@AlexRam the dog is lovely for sure

I've been growing my beard out and there does seem to be more attractive attention.

Dude! Your beard seems to have attracted an American Kestral.

Piffle

Of course. People always want to know what's under the hair and it's the shape and size of the hair that is attractive. 🙂 Oh, you meant beards. Sorry.

You need to explain this to the women I know, who see my beard, and still show no interest. 🙂

Go longer on the beard!

@AlexRam I tried a longer beard, briefly, when I was young. I prefer it neat and tidy. To be honest, so did my wife.

More importantly, I get accused too often of being santa, now that I'm grey, with a short beard... I do NOT want that and will get it too much with a long one. 🙂

oh shit I just shaved!

Someone ain't gett'n any for a month.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:269171
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.